Thirteen

(The support yall give me is fuckin wild)

Your heart ways a ton girl, watch me heavy lift - Ain't Nobody Takin My Baby, Russ

"Geneva..." I heard Jahseh groan. The sun was up but Jahseh was definitely still sleeping. His arms were tight around my waist and he was mumbling a girl's name in his sleep. I decided against waking him up, but I couldn't get away from him. 

I tried to pry his arms away from my waist, but he was gripping me hard. I giggled a bit as he snored and tapped his limp arm. He must've been a really heavy sleeper.

"Jahseh." I whispered, poking his arm. Nothing. "Jahseh."

"What?" He whined, pulling me closer to him.

"I want to use the bathroom." I laughed.

"The bathroom can wait." He retorted.

"No it can't, Jahseh." I chuckled, pulling away from him.

"Come on!" He whined.

"Bye Jahseh." I laughed. He released his grip on me and I left his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

"Don't take the Geneva bullshit too serious." I heard Ski say. I raised my eyebrows.

"What?"

"Every girl that he fucks complains about him calling them Geneva or saying Geneva's name." He elaborated.

"I didn't sleep with Jahseh."

"But you slept in his room. I figured I'd let you know it was no big deal."

"If he's dreaming about her, she's probably pretty important to him."

"She is- well, I mean, she was. It's complicated. That ain't my story to tell, though." Ski spoke. "There's cereal in the cabinet."

Don't be nosey, Iris. It's not your business. He'll tell you when he's ready.

🍃Four hours later🍃

"You don't gotta be embarrassed about your face. You still look beautiful." Jahseh assured me. I shook my head. 

"I've never been beautiful, Jahseh. Be realistic. I'm certainly not beautiful now." I muttered, examining my bruised and cut up face. I had bruises everywhere on my body, but I could hide those. Unless I wore a freaking ski mask, I wouldn't be able to hide this. 

"I think you're beautiful. I bet lots of people do." Jahseh argued with me. I looked at him and raised a brow. 

"You'd date a girl who looked like this, then?" I laughed. 

"Maybe. I mean, if they were like you." 

"So you'd date me?" I asked with an arched brow. I could see he'd become embarrassed by the rosy glow spread across his face. I laughed.

"I mean, I guess. I ain't lookin' to date though." 

"Yeah." I said, tracing a bruise on my cheek. 

"Don't touch it!" Jahseh exclaimed, making me flinch.

"Why?" 

"It's just gonna hurt more. Don't pay attention to it. Let's go do something!" He suggested. 

"I'm not going out in public like this." 

"You're going to have to go to school eventually. With that mentality, you'll never get out of here. Come on. Let's go to the park or something." He pleaded. 

"I really don't want to Jahseh." I whined, looking up at him. 

"Don't give me that look." He groaned. 

"Please..." I pleaded. 

"Okay, we can stay here IF you go with me to the store. We can get candy and stuff." He said. I stared at him. 

"Candy?" I asked. He laughed and nodded. I LOVED candy. Like, a lot. I wasn't allowed to have it much though. My dad was scared I'd get fat. 

"Um... yeah, candy." He chuckled. "So let's go."

"Alright." I said. We left the house, Jahseh locking the door behind himself.

We walked down the street, Jahseh with his hands in his pocket. The sky was bright and sunny. It was annoying. I wanted rain. I wanted something gloomy to match what I was feeling inside my head. I'd never thought of myself as beautiful, but this took my distaste for my appearance to a whole other level. The physical pain could never match the feeling of being disgusting. I was... repulsive.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What?"

"You're crying. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I muttered, wiping my eyes.

"You can talk to me." He said.

Can I?

"There's nothing on my mind, Jahseh." I laughed, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Whatever you say." He sighed.

"Don't be like that." I groaned.

"Like what?"

"You sound all upset." 

"I am!" He exclaimed. "I want you to be real wit me!"

"I am being real." I said.

"No you aren't." He argued.

"Jahseh!" I laughed. "Stop it."

"No. I really mean it."

"I'm sure you do. But I mean it when I say I'm being real."

"Don't lie. That ain't cute on you." Jahseh muttered. I glared at him.

"I don't need to tell you everything on my mind!" I argued.

"It'd sure fuckin' help." He grumbled.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked.

"I-I don't know." He sighed.

"I won't tell you or anyone else everything I'm thinking, just like you wouldn't tell me." I said.

"I don't want to know everything." He argued.

"Sure." I laughed.

"Whatever. Here's the store." He said, pointing to a building at the corner of his street.