Even the devil has a heart

***** time skip
    Rhonda's POV
Its been a week now since I last spoke to Mateo. He tried calling but I'd ignore him. He even sent me flowers 4 times today already with little boxes of cookies or chocolate saying that he's sorry but I can't find it in me to forgive him. I never want to see that side of him ever again so I'll keep on ignoring him for now.

***** Mateo's POV
Its been a week since I last saw Rhonda and its puzzling me. And I know deep down that she's ignoring me. If only she knew how much I loved her. "Mmmm" I groaned as I was thinking of how stupid I was acting. I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone rang.
"Hello" I said
"Do you have the money?" The man said. His voice was all too familiar. "William Santino" I breathe out shakily even though I was trying to keep my composure. "I know what my name is De' Santos I just want to know that you have the money"
"I don't have it as yet will-"
"What tha' fuck you mean you don't have it as yet!" He shouted obviously getting angry. "Just give me some more time to give you the 550 grand and everything will be fine" I said getting scared. That I have to admit. I'm not one to be afraid to many men but William was different. He oozed danger and evil. "Okay fine then" he replied. "Thank yo-" "4 days" he cut me off saying sternly. "Four days I ca-" and he ended the call like that. "Shit! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I yelled smashing everything in my reach. "Where am I suppose to get 550 grand in four days damn it!" I shouted staring at the ceiling. There's only only thing left to do. "I have to kidnap Rhonda"

   ***** Rhonda's POV
I just got out of a meeting and was heading to my office when I saw Mateo stepping out of the elevator. "Damn it" I wined under my breath. "Can we talk?" He asked walking towards me. "Sure"
"can't we go in you're office?" "Do we have to?" I shot back. "Its private Rhonda" he said getting annoyed and I led him into my office. "Speak" I commanded and he obliged. He sat down and began. "William and I made a deal" he said looking down. "You know William?"  "Yes we did business together when I was in Europe" he paused looking at me to see that I was shocked but I quickly changed my expression and nodded indicating that he should go on. "Rhonda William killed some people back in the days and he kept killing thinking that he's doing it for me. One day I ordered him to kill a big time drug dealer who worked as a business man undercover and he did and I was supposed to pay him 650 grand but all I had then was 100 grand. And now he wants me to deliver the next 550 in 4 days or....." he ended trailing off. "Or what?" I asked with a straight face even though I was scared out of this world. "Or walking amongst human beings is something I will no longer do" he said sighing. "What have you done!" I shouted finally coming to my senses. "You better not drag me into this shit. William and I are over" I stated. "Over! Over huh!" He shouted. "You still have feelings for him! He left you years ago because he got the $10'000 Derrick owed him and he never wanted to marry you!" He ended and I couldn't help but cry. His words were painful and they struck a nerve in me. Was he right. "Get out now" I stated calmly between sobs. He didn't even shift from is uncomfortable position. "Get out now!" I said and he got up walking over to the door and stopped to turn to me. "You're already in this Rhonda. Its too late and I'll be back" and said and walked away. "What's happening to my life God." I asked looking up in the air. What should I do now.