Decisions, Decisions

[my ap environmental science class went on a field trip & I didn't sign up so I'm watching a video on pandas with like five other people it's so quiet & nice.]

Either Rhino or that stupid Cardine place had decided I was going to be picked up and driven nearly whole ten miles in both directions each day, because I wasn't to be trusted. I couldn't blame them though - last year I'd ditched for so many days, over half my teachers would mark me absent before the first bell even rang. In fact, they were usually surprised if I did show up for class.

Rhino had told me they'd prepared for me. I was picked up in a four year old Dodge Journey; a total mom car. The paint was nicked every few inches on the doors, one of the rear view mirrors flashed a spiderweb crack, and the whole vehicle screamed "I go to fancy private school". Either that, or "I will sue you any chance I get because my dad is a lawyer".

 Either that, or "I will sue you any chance I get because my dad is a lawyer"

[this is the car. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but not from the characters perspective]

It took every ounce of self control to not swing my backpack at the principal himself, and make a break for it down the block, around the corner, down a couple more blocks all the way to the pizza place where they'd never find me. I'd live in a garbage can, bleach my hair, and change my name.

Their principal was friendly. I hated him already. He gave me a big, gross, excruciatingly long, hug before placing his hands on my shoulders and shaking me like a rag doll in what I hoped was excitement. Either that or he was trying to kill me before I got the chance to do anything damaging to the school's reputation.

I didn't like it.

I didn't like the whole ordeal with the rundown of the rules in the car, the rules designed specifically for me. Usually rules didn't bother me, because I'd break them anyways, but I didn't want to be picked up at seven in the morning every day, I didn't want daily security checks or locker searches, and I'd kill myself if I had to wear the uniform up to protocol. How was I supposed to pull a legendary prank at a stuck up private school if every move was being monitored? Never. I was never going to. Pete was expecting to hear a great story about smoke bombs in the bathrooms and angry skunks in the teacher's lounge, and I said I would one-up him.

"So, am I gonna have someone show me around? Like, today?" I'd heard I was going to meet someone the next day, but the sooner I met the poor sucker, the better. They probably didn't even know what was going to hit them in a matter of days. Hurricane Brendon, directly on course.

The principal shrugged. I hadn't bothered to listen to his personal introduction. I'd decided on calling him Bear, because they look soft and cuddly but when provoked my head could be bitten off and chewed up like a stick of bubblegum. "I guess that seems fitting. I'll call someone up when we get there."

Again, I found my opportunity to screw with someone earlier than I'd anticipated. "You mean you haven't prepared for my arrival? No chauffeurs? Nobody to carry my things?"