Chapter 1

"But one always returns to one's first love"

-Etienne-

***

Alan's P.O.V

"What do you mean, papa ?" I look at my father, the great billionaire from Italy, Stefano Cappello, he looks at me with his usual calm manner he has received ever since he married my mother, now, Destiny Cappello.

"She is going to live in your house for a whole year, and that's final"

I raise my eyebrow, about to complain, but I know it will be useless. My papa's words are always final, and no one can really disobey his words.

"Shouldn't you just put her on one of our other mansions ? Why does she have to live in MY mansion out of all place ?"

"Alan, you know why, she just recently broke off her engagement with that Spanish billionaire, and Elena recently passed away and gave her house away for charity since she thought Camellia was already engaged and had her whole life together, but you know the circumstance, now Camellia has nowhere to go, but more importantly, she needs emotional support"

"Are you saying you want me to comfort her, papa ? Seriously ? You know what happened, don't you ?"

My papa is getting annoyed right now, even though his facial expression doesn't changes that much, I know he is annoyed from the tone of his voice as he speaks.

"Alan, if you disagree, that is fine, just know how disappointed your mother will be when she hears that her eldest son refuses to help his own childhood friend whom she treats as her own daughter"

With the mention of my mama, I freeze. My papa sure knows how to threat me right. Maybe it's the Italian blood on my veins, or maybe it's the fact that I have always been close to my mother, that the fact of making her upset already frightens me in a way. Don't get me wrong, my mother is a wonderful person, but she tends to act a bit drastic whenever she is upset. One time when I was little, my papa slapped her and she ran away to London, and I certainly don't wish for such a thing to happen again.

"Okay, fine" I sigh in defeat. My papa smiles in victory, knowing that I have lost once again.

I get out from my Porsche and walk toward my mansion. This place is given to my by my papa when I first turned eighteen, I lived here ever since, and I claim it as mine.

When I get inside, I find my mother already sitting on the couch, reading a book, her strawberry brown hair is now cut to her shoulder but her hazel eyes look so alive now and her face still looks as young as ever. As soon as she sees me, her eyes lit up, and she walks toward me and give me a big hug, I hug her back and flashes a smile.

"Alan, you haven't visited me in a month, what have you been busy with ?" She questions me as she puts on a fake stern face and crosses her arms.

"Mama, you know how hard I've been working on the current project with the current business deal with the Cavier ?"

"I know, my son, but still, you should give time for your family as well, you too should start thinking of having a family of your own, I am getting old and I want to have a grandchild before I die"

"Don't say it like that, you aren't even that old yet and you look like you are on your thirty"

"You really, my son really knows how to play with his words, doesn't he ?"