Chapter 6

"Sometimes the love of your life comes after the mistake of your life"

-Linda Hayles-

***

Camellia's P.O.V

i wake up this morning beside a sleeping Alan, he has his arms wrapped around my waist and we are facing each other, he sleeps so peacefully, especially after what happened last night, I smile at his sweet face, though he is all grown up now, he still has the slight innocence within him, but that feeling of happiness is quickly overcome by sadness and guilt, I don't know why, but something inside me tries to push him afar, perhaps I am scared.

Scared of what ?

I close my eyes and sigh before I slowly remove his arms, trying to not wake him up, because if he wakes up then the whole situation is just going to become so much more awkward than it already is, and when I manage to do so, I stand up from the bed, softly patting my clothes as I walk toward the door and leave his room.

***

"Camellia, do you have any plan after work today ?" Alan suddenly asks me as we are eating breakfast at the dining table together, something we rarely do ever since I arrived here.

"Why are you asking ?" I ask him calmly, he must have regained his memory of what happened last night, because his actions toward me clearly show a difference than before.

"Listen, I want to reconcile with you" he looks at me straight in the eyes, those same eyes that I used to adore.

"Isn't of a bit too late for that ?" I avert my gaze as I take another bite of my meal.

"Lia-"

"Don't, Alan, please, don't. I have suffered enough, Alan, I'm going to go away in a few months, just please leave me alone"

"Lia, I change my mind, I want you to stay here, I don't want you to leave, you can stay here as long as you want"

"But I don't want to stay here !" I am a bit surprised by my own high tone, I have never spoken in such tone before, and Alan seems surprised as well judging from his faltered expression.

"I don't want to be near you, Alan, I can't, everything is just... so messed up, I need to turn over a new leaf"

"We can start over again, Lia" his words sound serious, and for a minute there, I actually consider it, but then those damned memories return again, holding me back from doing so.

"I have to go to work, and by the way, Alan, I have a date with Marco today after work" his eyes darkens at my last sentence but I ignore it and make my way out from the house.

I hope he leaves me alone now, though something is telling me he isn't.

I get to work and spend the rest of my day like usual, and my busy day almost makes me forget about my supposed date with Marco, but men like him don't forget, they never do, so as soon as I am finished with my work, I have to put on another one of my fake smile toward him.

He walks me toward his car and opens the door for me, something I didn't quite expect and then he asks me where I want to go.