Chapter 11

"It's not the future you are afraid of. It's the fear of the past repeating itself that haunts you"

-T.W.W-

***

Camellia's P.O.V

"Mateo..." I whisper softly. Even now, he still look as handsome as ever, however, unlike most women in this room, I am not pleased by his presence near me.

"Camellia, you are here as well, what a coincidence" he speaks casually, I couldn't catch any hint of sarcasm on his tone, but I am certain he is not really happy with the fact that I ran away from him

"You look beautiful, Lia, you always do"  he moves his gaze toward my body, from head to toe, and he looks like a complete creep right now. A high class creep.

"I'm sorry, I have to leave" I turn my back toward him out of discomfort, but but he quickly grabs my wrist and I turn at him in disbelief.

"Why, Camellia, Why ?"

His expression turns sour, he looks at me with questioning face and he looks slightly upset. I don't blame him, it's my fault, but I don't have time to play around like this at the moment.

"Let me go" I speak slowly, but I know what Mateo is like, he is a very stubborn person and he wouldn't let me go until he is satisfied.

"I love you, Lia, why did you leave me ? Don't you know I can't live without you ? I need you, Lia, please come back to me" there is sincerity on his eyes, I know that, I know Mateo loves me, it just, I am not capable of returning his love.

My heart resides with someone else.

"No, Mateo, it was all a mistake, I never loved you, I only followed what Elena wanted" all of a sudden, his expression becomes dark, his dark eyes darken even more, and his grab on my wrist gets tighter to the point where it hurts.

"You are hurting me !" I speak slightly louder, loud enough to get the attention of the people surrounding us. Alan rushed toward me and quickly slam his hand away from me as he stands in front of me.

"Mateo, what do you think you are doing ?"

"I'm getting my fiancée back, can't you see ?"

What a joke.

"No, I am not your fiancée, it's over for us, Mateo, get over it" I tell him with slight annoyance, and he shakes his head.

"I don't believe in that. You are lying Camellia, I know you love me as much as I love you. is it because of Alan ? Is he brainwashing you or something ?"

Alan gets furious from that accusation, and a mad Alan is never fun. I usually would try to calm him down, even on our old days, but this time, let him be furious.

"I would never do that to Camellia, and you better back off because we are together now !"

That statement is heard by a lot of people around us and they start whispering to each other. I am slightly surprised by that very blunt statement he just made but at the same time, I feel happy.

"She is MY woman and if you hurt MY woman, you are dealing with me, Mateo. I don't care if you are a Buenrostro, I would destroy you if you EVER touch MY woman" with that last statement, he wraps his hand around me and quickly bring me away from Mateo presence, he has that dark aura around him, and I know something bad will happen.