Chapter 13

"My father didn't tell me how to live, he lived and let me watch him do it"

-Clarence Budington  Kelland-

***

Camellia's P.O.V

I walk toward the fancy hotel, and I can feel my heart beating so fast in nervousness.

Ferdinand Faraldo, the great man of business world What is he going to be like ?

As soon as I enter the place I'm asked if I was Camellia Ricci, I nod my head, how can the waiter know my name already ? But he tells me that the whole place was reserved for tonight by Ferdinand himself.

Great, now one more reason for being nervous.

"Please follow me" he speaks and I follow him to the second floor, and in the middle of the room, there is an old man around fifty something, who sports facial beard and sleek hair that has turned slightly gray, and when I come, he doesn't notice my presence inside the room.

"Mr Faraldo ?" I ask him. He turns around to meet my eyes and then he smiles.

"Ah, you must be Camellia Ricci, come, sit down" he speaks gently and I approach him and sit across of him.

"Would you like something to drink ? Wine perhaps ?" He offers me as the waiter stands beside of me.

"Yes, I would like to" he orders the food in fluent Italian, as expected of an elite. Soon enough the waiter nods and leave to get our food.

Okay, he doesn't seem that bad. He doesn't look perverted or evil either. I think I can take it a bit relaxed.

"Mr Faraldo, I heard of your interest in investing for my project, I would like to thank you personally for that"

He chuckles. He seems like a nice person to hang around with, I guess those rumors about him being a ruthless businessman is wrong after all. I should have known by now. The media likes to lie about a lot of things.

"Ah, don't worry about that, it's nothing much" he pours the wine brought by a waitress and he pours my glass as well.

"If this doesn't come off as rude, may I ask why ?" I take a sip of the wine. He raises his eyebrow in confusion at my question.

"Hm, what do you mean ?"

"I hear some information about your company and it is said that you have never shown any interest in the fashion industry, you work mostly on trading, oil production, and other industries, except for fashion" he looks a bit off for a second but then smiles warmly.

"Well, I just want to help young entrepreneur such as yourself to grow, I mean, it's time to step outside of my comfort zone"

Soon enough, our food come, and we start eating, we usually talk about business, but then a random question comes out from his mouth.

"So Camellia, I heard you were adopted ?" I don't know why he asks that question, I mean he would definitely do some sort of background check on me before investing in my project, but I nod my head.

"Yes, I was raised in an Orphanage until I was three years old"

"Do you perhaps know who your parents are ?" I remain silent. How am I supposed to know ?

"No, I don't"

"Oh, I'm sorry if it's making you uncomfortable"

"No, not at all, i'm completely fine with it"