Meet Cute

It was one of those once in a life time occurrences. He had been enjoying a break from the chaos of his day, resting on a bench near his favorite cafe, as he watched the world pass by. She had been out for a walk with her dog, enjoying a rare afternoon off from work. As she approached the bench upon which he sat it suddenly began to rain. Seeing him sitting, woefully unprepared, she opened up her umbrella and sat beside him, shielding them both from the storm. Pleasantries were made, and the discussion quickly grew more comfortable than either expected. Small talk turned to light jesting as they discussed everything and nothing at all. Time slipped away as the rain lessened into a light drizzle, until her dog began to stir at her feet. Realizing how much time had passed by, she hesitated, knowing she must leave but wanting nothing more than to stay and discover so much more about this delightful stranger. Seeing the angst in her body, he reached in his pocket, handing her his business card. He said he'd love to continue their conversation sometime soon, and if she was interested she should give him a call. Smiling shyly, she stood up, feeling more at ease with her departure. As she turned to walk away she felt his hand grabbing hers as he pulled her back towards him. Their eyes meeting, she smiled and leaned into his body as their lips met for the first time.