Chapter 1

@DJ_WUBS, You are an awesome friend and because you liked my Little Nightmares fanfics, I decided to make an Outlast self insertion fanfic. Hope you enjoy!

note: DJ and I are always recording the events with our camcorders unless stated otherwise. 

 (note: DJ is 21 and I am 20)

"Why do we have to go to this place anyway?" DJ sighed.

"Because if we go there," I explained while driving, "this could save our jobs as investigative reporters. I don't wanna go here either, but I don't wanna lose my job."

"The only reason why I came with you is because you're a pussy," DJ replied.

"Well," I sighed, "here's the place." We arrived at the Mount Massive Asylum. We got an anonymous tip that the Murkoff Psychiatric Systems was doing inhumane experiments on other humans and the person wanted us to expose them. If we got out alive, we could be heroes.

Before leaving my car, I took out a box with 100 batteries and I put 2 of them in my camcorder. DJ also took 2 batteries out and put it in his camcorder.

"Let's go," DJ spoke. We got out of my car and explored the Mount Massive Asylum. It was late afternoon. The sun was setting and the sky was a hazy yellow and orange combination. It made the Asylum look creepier than it actually is. It still looked creepy, even if we arrived in broad daylight. I went over to the front doors of the Asylum, but it was locked. 

DJ saw a gate off of the side of the Asylum, but it was locked. But at the front of the Asylum, there were armored military trucks.

"That reminds me," DJ said as he went back into my car. After waiting for a few seconds, DJ held 2 handguns and a lot of ammo (I know that Outlast doesn't have any weapons to defend yourself with, but bear with me because this is my story).

"What's with the handguns?" I asked.

"Don't worry Tiny," He answered. "I have a license to wield a handgun." I like it when DJ called me Tiny.

"You do," I replied, "but I don't." 

"Then wear these black gloves," DJ said as he gave me the gloves. I reluctantly put on the gloves and loaded up the handgun. The handgun held 12 bullets and DJ gave me a belt with some ammo in case I use up my 12 bullets.

"Alright then," I inhaled and exhaled. "Let's go." I took off the safety and cocked my handgun.