#1

The feeling of being alone isn't one that scares me.

I like it, I like being a lone wolf. A rouge.

Just saying it makes me smile, I am my own boss and I love it.

I'm Alpha, Beta and Omega, all at once and NO one tells me what to do.

I'm fast, strong and independent.

Being out of a Pack has been a blessing, not a curse like they thought.

I've had time to learn stuff I never would have if I had been part of a Pack.

Like phasing at will.

It's supposed to be impossible but here I am, a rouge she wolf, banished from pack life but I've never been stronger.

Life has changed but some things are still the same, I'm still smaller than most wolves, most she wolves at that.
I'm still facing the world with two hands held up, ready to fight and I'm still aging.

Today I turn eighteen. Mate age, for some. For most.
Maybe not me, it's harder to find your mate when you're a rouge and everyone is a threat to the way you live.

That doesn't stop me from being hopeful, straying closer to pack land, letting the guards come near me. Well, nearer than usual.

I take a step back as a strong smell hits me.

I'm alone out here, miles away from the closest person... That can only mean one thing.

My mate is in the next pack.

I run towards the smell, crossing the pack border, hoping whoever he is, is on gaurd duty.

I've been fucking with this pack for years, crossing the border and letting them chase me.

They don't catch me though. They haven't yet and never will. They're too slow.

Not even ten seconds later three males stand across from my wolfish form.

Ugh, none of them are my mate.

I run towards them and they scatter. It was such an unexpected move, they don't even realise what they're doing as the react on reflex.

Obviously once they realise they get really mad and I hear the shredding of clothes before six sets of footfalls follow me.

I don't look back, instead I speed up as I follow the scent of my mate.

People don't smell like things, not like vanilla or mint or anything...

They sort of smell like sweat, you know the way everyone's sweat smells different.

So they kinda smell like that, except nicer, of course. Because sweat is the smell of bacteria mixed with natural body oder and well, without the bacteria it's much nicer.

I dodge a couple of trees. It's definitely my mate, I know because I feel a strong urge to be with him.

And then there he is, I blink and back away hoping he hasn't seen me, hoping the girl his lips are interlocked with is a good enough distraction that he won't notice me.

Oh, that's the perfect reaction to have, just after you've found your mate, 'I hope he didn't notice me'.

What is up with my head?

That's when three wolves pounce on me.

My mate looks over then, the noise of three snarling wolves enough to break his kiss.

The look in his eyes is ferocious, like "Who dares disturb the make out session that I, your Alpha male, am having?"

He gets his answer when he looks at me, my back arched my fur sticking straight up like a cats, like a wolf who's about to pounce, but the three wolves on top of me prevent that.