Chapter 12 (Engagements)

. . .

"your engagement will be held on your birthday" Chaelin said looking at Lisa who is only watching her food.

It's March 18 and they decided to have a family dinner, for the first time. And maybe this is also the last.

"yes mother" Lisa said, agreeing on her hideous mother.

"where's Jiyong?" Chaelin asked.

"he's on his way home ma'am, he just finished the meeting with Mr. Takuya about the wedding next year" Joy answered and Chaelin didn't respond.

"sorry I'm late" Jiyong arrived as Irene opened the door, he gave his suit case to Joy then took his tuxedo off, leaving his buttoned up polo. He went to Chaelin and kissed her cheeks, which surprised the people around them. When did they started to care for each other? They even planned for a family dinner.

Lisa smiled watching her parents do unexpected things, her father even held her mother's hand while eating. Maybe they decided to be good to each other now.

Maybe there's still a chance for me to live.

Hope.

Hoping.

Lisa stood up then went behind her mother, wrapping her in her warm embrace which is also unusual.

Chaelin is shocked as well, it's the first time that Lisa hugged her, that her daughter hugged her mother.

Because for them, family is just a word. There's nothing in between, there's no special feeling. If you're a part of the family, then you belong. But with Lisa's case, she's a part of the family, but she doesn't feel like she belong.

She feels like she's an outsider who resides in the same house, having delicious meals and can even afford a different sports car every day.

"what is it Lisa?" Chaelin asked.

"nothing mom, I just feel like hugging you" she answered, confidence is visible in her voice, even their maids are surprised, Lisa doesn't even talk, not that much. But now, she's starting to speak her mind. And that's a good start.

Lisa then turned to face her father who is looking at her.

"can I hug you too father?" she asked looking at the ground. Jiyong is still processing the words inside of his brain. Lisa is getting nervous, it's just a once in a lifetime request, but her strict father seems like he doesn't want anything from her.

"sure" Jiyong answered making Lisa stop, she's just about to go back to her seat when she felt her father's hand holding hers. It looks dramatic, because it is dramatic. But the maids who are watching them completely understands, they are even glad seeing their masters like this. It never happened before.

9 days to go, and Lisa's plan about dying is completely changing. She's now having second thoughts. She even have the confidence to attend classes the next day.

Thursday came, March 22. She's walking on the school grounds with smile plastered on her face, all the students that she comes across looks at her.

Who is she?

The Lalisa Manoban.

The creepy student.

Yes

Why is she smiling?

I haven't seen her smile like that.

That's why they call her creepy.