Victoria

Jade always gets excited when a new person comes around, this time she was crazier than usual. Although I'm just as excited as she is, something about the new girl doesnt sit right with me. In spite of it raining outside she still wore dark sunglasses and never took them off. My guess was she was either blind or she had a headache, she might even be one of those edgy teenagers trying to look cool.

While I went through all the scenarios in my head Jade and Angel crammed in a few extra minutes of studying before our teacher came in and told us the agenda for today. I was expecting him to mention the new girl during that time, but he didn't.

Maybe he'll introduce her later, I thought to myself as he finished up organizing today's lesson.

"She's pretty," said Jade. I couldn't tell how Jade knew that, but I agreed with her. From what I could see she was pretty, though it bothered me that she would isolate herself. When she finally took of her sunglasses I was glad, but then I was surprised. Her eye were a piercing icy blue, almost white. They did not match her chocolate skin tone at all, but that made her even more breathtaking. Immediately Angel was staring at her, and from the look in his eyes I could tell he was interested.

"Her eyes are beautiful," he whispered turning to get a better view her. I've never seen Angel interested in a girl so quickly, but I was worried since he had just gotten out of a relationship. Once Mr.Durant was done organizing everything he began to hand out the tests. Almost immediately Angel and Jade snapped to focus and I began to panic

"I hope you all have prepared properly for this test because it is not easy. I wish you all good luck, you may begin," he said after he had given out all the tests.

A hush fell over the entire class as everyone began testing. Besides a few people who were trying to cheat, it was quiet. I tried to make myself  focus on my test, but I've been so busy with the dance that I didn't have a lot of time to study. I answered the questions I knew and just guessed on the ones I didn't. To my surprise and my dismay the new girl finished early. That made me panic.

I guess I'll turn it in now, I thought to myself. I checked my test a million times, double checking my answers. There was still about ten minutes left in class so I could've spent more time on it, but my mini heart attack forced my hand. Once I did that I waited for the bell to ring for the next class.One by one the rest of the class started to turn their tests in and waited for the next class.

"What do you think about the new girl?" asked Jade poking Angel.

"She's gorgeous, but she looks like the girl every guy would go after. If she's going to be another Brittany then I'm not interested," said Angel.

"I think she's going to make Brittany run for the hills. I'm just hoping she won't be like the generic girls that go to this school. So far she doesn't dress like them," I said looking over the new girl's outfit. She had dark jeans tucked into black boots and a black long sleeve shirt. Her jewelry was simple, a couple of rings, silver hoops, and what looked like a necklace with a lions tooth. I couldn't see her make up but I'm pretty sure it was flawless.

"I like her outfit, she keeps it simple unlike the other girls who want to come to school either almost naked or wearing everything in their closest. She could probably give them a top or two," said Jade approvingly. Angel was making attempts not to stare at her for too long again. The bell rang and we waited for the traffic in the hallway to go down before we headed out.

I stopped by my locker to drop off a couple of my binders and then walked with Jade to her next class. Angel said he would catch up with us with the final preparations for the dance after school and waited for the new girl.

" Do you think he's going to be okay?" asked Jade

"I hope so," I said looking back at him over my shoulder. Hopefully he won't get caught up again.