chapter 7

Police sirens are blaring everywhere. A policeman walked up to one of the neighbors.

"Please can you tell me what you know mam"he asked a woman who would be in her late 40 's

"I heard it. Twice. He shot her twice" she was shaking.

"You need to be clear mam. Who is 'he'?

"Don't ask my wife any questions, she is ill" a man in his early 50's came out from the house to take his wife.

" I'm so sorry mr-"

"Richard. Call me by my first Name" they shake hands.

"If you don't mind I will like you to please tell me what you know about the incident."

"I mind" Richard was about to leave when someone else agreed to do it.

"I don't mind sir" all of them turned at the voice to reveal Mr Daniel, another neighbor of the Smiths. Richard quickly took this opportunity to leave with his wife.

"Please can you introduce yourself?" the policeman asked him.

"I'm Daniel. Pleased to meet you sir. Let me go straight to the point. Timothy and his wife argue almost every night but with the fact that this street is always quiet at night, their fights never go unnoticed by others. But last night, another fight started again between them but after some minutes of exchanging words with each other, Timothy left the house. I saw him leave when I was about to throw the dubris outside. I watched him walk over to that bar over there" he pointed towards a bar named 'crescendo club and bar' .

"So how long did he stay there?"

"He just stayed there for ten minutes because someone entered the house after ten minutes and of course it had to be Timothy. They rarely have visitors at that time. That's when I had gunshots. He shot her twice and ran away. " he sounded unsure but still said it confidently

"No, he didn't run away you liar" a woman spoke up which drew their attention to her. She walked up to them.

"Sorry mam, but please can you be clear on this. This is a serious case." The policeman politely told the woman.

"I work at crescendo bar, that man he claimed killed his wife, didn't do it. He was with a friend at that time his wife was killed. When we heard the gunshots, he wanted to leave. I remember him saying ' how much is my drink? My wife is alone at home alone. I need to go'. He was in a rush and left without collecting his change."

"Mam, thanks for that information. You said he was with a friend. Please can you describe him?"

"Hmmm..."she replied thinking

" oh...cut it off Lilian" Daniel said while rolling his eyes " we both know that your eyes was on ...what did you say his name was again?"

"Timo-"

"Yes. Timothy. You-"

"Please sir. Let the lady talk." The policeman was already getting angry at Daniel.

Daniel raised his hands up in defeat and moved back a bit. While Lilian rolled her eyes at his gesture.

"You may continue mam" the policeman motioned for her to continue.

"John, we are needed at the station immediately" his partner whispered in his ear.

"Okay. I'll be there In a giffy" turning back towards Lillian and Daniel "if any of you remember anything please don't hesitate to call the station.

"Thanks"then he left.