Clayril

"You're... uh... you're blazing too?"

⤜⤏

Way back when I first read the books, I was convinced Clay and Tsunami were going to become a couple (not because I shipped them, but because I'm so used to cliches I expected the main male character and the main female character to pair off at some point). So, when Peril and Clay first began growing close, I was pretty averse to the whole idea of them interfering with Claynami.

But over time, I warmed up to it. As the series carried on and Clay began to warm up to her, we saw a significant change in Peril's character. Her POV was nothing like I expected; I opened the book bracing myself for edge and angst, but in reality her character's a lot more realistic. She's sporadic, impulsive and desperately hopeful, and I ended up relating to her a lot more than I expected. I don't say this often about a book character, but she deserves to have Clay.

Moreover, if Clay likes her too, great! I'll admit it's a little predictable, and there could've been more development on his part, but all in all I'm happy to see them together. Clay is a great dragon and he handles Peril well. I'm content to see them blushing and cuddling and making apple sauce together for all eternity.

10/10. Good ship, very pure.