17 -

status: partially edited
short chapter •
will byer's pov
I was biking home, and I felt a deep chill run down my spine. Something was up, but I couldn't figure it out.
The ride home was silent, like usual. It was nice to just hear the birds chirp and nothing else, except occasional wind or other animal noises.
It was peaceful. I wish I could live in a quiet, peaceful world. With no hate. Where I could be free to be out as gay with no one telling me that love was wrong.
My peaceful thoughts were interrupted by this. Why couldn't Mike and I get accepted? We'd probably never get to go out anywhere and hold hands or hug without a joke or harassment.
He'd probably not take me anywhere, anyways.

The house was quiet, nothing new. I assumed everyone was home on this quiet Sunday. I frowned at the thought of school tomorrow.
I put my bike away and walked to the front door, and let myself in. My mom didn't say anything.
"Mom?" I called out, starting to freak out a little.
"I'm not your mom," a voice replied. I didn't know who it was. I backed up to the door and was instantly scared.
A figure came into view, and I relaxed the moment his face appeared.
Mike. Oh, beautiful Mike.
"W-what are you d-doing here...?" I stuttered. I hadn't even felt how nervous I was until my stutters.
"I needed to talk to you..." Oh jeez... was this not going to work out? Would we stick to being friends forever?
"Yes?"
He pulled flowers behind his back. I gasped. "Will, I'd like to take you to the Snowball. And with your mother's permission, I'd like to ask. Will, would you go to the Snowball as my date?"
   I let the tears fill my eyes, because I was so happy. "You mean, publicly? You're asking to take me and not just act as friends?"
   He nodded.
   "Yes! Yes, yes yes! A million times yes!" I cried out, throwing my arms around his neck. I was so happy. We could go outside, together. Not in hiding.

mike wheeler's pov
   The smile on his face was worth a million dollars.
   Scratch that. It was priceless.
   I couldn't have wished for a better reaction. It was so adorable. Once he withdrew his arms from my neck, I wrapped my arms around his waist and planted a kiss on his lips.
   I felt him smile into our kiss. I wish I could have deepened it, but we were in the middle of his living room.
    I let go and gave him the flowers, and he still grinned. "Thank you so much, Mike. I'm so happy, you don't even know," he said.
   "I do, because I get to take the prettiest boy in the world to the Snowball."

a/n: kinda trash but look an update! please comment. i only know how four people feel about this. thanks :/

don't be a silent reader. tell me what you think!

really, i will hear you out. any ideas or writing suggestions/improvements would be greatly appreciated. thanks.