Chapter 1

I've missed hanging out with Debra back when we were in high school. Ever since we've graduated we didn't get the opportunity to do so as much anymore, especially after I went to Atlanta. I had came back to New York after I had finished my training in Atlanta and we hung out a couple times when I wasn't busy on the job or with a mission but not long after I went back to Atlanta and our girl's night ceased because of the distance. Fortunately, we still managed to stay friends through constant communication- texting, calling, skyping etc.

Even though we were far away from each other most of the time, Debra learned to understand that I maybe busy a lot most of the time. A year ago she learnt all of our secrets- she and Lucan had managed to kept the long distance relationship thing going strong until he came back to New York. They were still together and I guess the secret got a little too hard for him to hide from her any longer and he came clean. Of course the truth scared the crap out of her so she avoided him for a while and confided in me, I tried helping her understand his life and why he does what he does. She asked me how I know so much like I was involved as well or knew about it and I decided to come clean as well. She was upset with me for a while too but took it a lot better than I thought and began communicating with me again after a couple weeks.

Tonight was my third night being back in New York and Debra had invited me to her and Lucan's place for dinner. The couple days since I've been back I had to go down to the office finalised a couple things and signed a couple documents. Since I haven't seen Mom and Harvey in a while as well, we took those two nights to have family dinner. I was staying in my old room for now until I decided to find my own place although I didn't need to rush or anything.
Lucan and Debra's house was really nice and spacious. It was excessively huge or anything but it wasn't small.

"Hey Cassie" Lucan was the one who greeted me at the door with a hug "Wow, you look amazing"

"Thanks Lucan" I smiled hugging him back "You look good too, the last time I saw you we were teens right and now you're like a giant on steroids"

"No, this is all natural. These muscles are all products of adulthood" Lucan chuckled as he led me inside "And you've grown up so much too and your hair is back"

"Yeah, I decided to grow it back out once I left for Atlanta" I smiled "And I see you've kept yours"

"Yeah, I dont think short hair will ever fit me. Unlike you who both short and long hair suits quite well" Lucan told me.

"Hey babe you've arrived early" Debra greeted once we entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, I've learnt punctuality working with the FBI" I smiled.

"I've just finished cooking anyway" Debra said to me

"You cooked?" I raised a brow in surprised.

"Yeah"

"Oh lord"

"Hey, why did you say that like you don't think I'm capable?" Debra asked before looking at Lucan who held up his hand "Babe, tell Cassie that I am capable of making dinner"

"I'm not getting into it" Lucan responded.

"I believe you Debs, I believe you" I chuckled "I just don't believe you cooked this tonight though"

"Fine, the food were pre-ordered and I just had to stick it in the oven and reheat them" Debra confessed "But I can cook alright"