Chapter 3

Debs I'm sorry but i'm going to have to cancel out girl's weekend" I told her over the phone as I drove over to the apartment complex.

"Oh, why? Did something come up?" Debra asked disappointed.

"Yeah, I have this job. Its an uncover job, I'm going in to investigate a series of burglaries that's been going on in Fordins. I'm actually on my way over there now" I responded as I stopped at the stop light.

"Oh, it's a FBI job" Debra said with understanding.

"Yeah, the captain told me about it yesterday and I just couldn't turn it down. He says I'm the perfect person for the job considering I'm new" I told her "So I have to temporarily move into the apartment next door to the alleged suspects. As soon as I solved this case we'll reschedule for sure"

"Sure, that's no problem. I was really looking forward to it though, I'll just have to attend that stupid ball thing with Lucan this weekend. I was hoping to used our girl's weekend together as an excuse not to go"

"What ball thing?"

"You know all the business events they have to attend with all the other rich  business moguls and their pretentious, snobbish girlfriends or wives" Debra told me "There's one happening in Manhattan this weekend and I just wasn't feeling the mood to attend this time around"

"Oh you mean those events where they dress up in million dollar outfits and jewellery. And where paparazzi have their camera up in your face and able to feature Tyler with a million and one different arm candy?" I said actually rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Yes that's the one. Sometimes I can't stand being around most of the people there but I can't exactly not show up when my boyfriend is actually considered one if those important business man" Debra responded "Anyway I'm just going to have to mentally prepare myself to go with him Saturday night. So...at the mention of Tyler, have you seen or spoken to him since the dinner at our house?"

"No I haven't seen him since and he texted me 'Hey what's up? You look lovely tonight. We should catch up some other time, maybe dinner or lunch'.  And I responded that I didn't think that was such a good idea and that I'm busy" I said to Debra "I have sort of ignored all his other calls and text messages since that"