Chapter Thirteen

(A/N: Oh my God. I just read one of the saddest, most beautifully written ICONic Boyz love story on Quizazz and I'm feeling super emotional. I'm legit crying over it. So... BRING ON THE TISSUES. D'x )

   Mikey Fusco

 I was tired of the drama between Candace and I. So when we were left alone, I decided to say something about it. But she beat me.

  "Best friends again?" She said softly, and held out a hand. No! I didn't want to be best friends! I want to be more than that!

  I took her hand in mine. "Yeah, best friends." I shook it.

 This was taking 'friend-zoned' to a whole new level.

   Did she forget that just over a week ago we had kissed? I was falling hard for this girl, and now I was classified as her 'best friend.'

  I was screwed.

****

 Candace Miller

It felt good to be back to normal with the boys. I had this feeling in my chest of just utter relief and happiness. I had missed these boys. And now, I wasn't sad. I wasn't fretting over my father's injury, I was looking up about it. Praying he lived and having a good feeling he would. I was so happy and alive at the moment, it was unreal.

  The day had gone by so quickly. Too quickly. The clock read six thirty-two, and my stomach hurt from laughing.

  "Thanks, Madison," I sighed as he scooped me up from the ground. We were just laying in the grass, staring at the sky, when Nick commented on how gay he felt doing this.

  "For what?" He asked.

 "Making me talk to them again. I don't think I've ever been happier."

  "I'm just glad were all together again." Madison sighed happily. I turned to face Vinny.

 "When we going to your house?" I asked.

  "Whenever," 

  "Why are you going to Vin's house?" Louis asked me.

 "Spending the night."

   Several of the boys raised their eyebrows at me.

 "Just you two?" Mikey was curious now.

  "And Bianca," I defended, jumping up onto the deck. Nick chuckled.

 "Pizza's here!" Mrs. Alamia called from inside. Okay, this was just too weird. First the awkward, alone moment with Mikey, now the pizza, and we were just outside on the deck.

  Deja-vu.

I finished my cheese pizza and chugged my Coca-Cola. I was first to finish and waited. Vinny finished second.

  "Ready?" He grinned.

 "Yeah." I smiled back. "Hey, Mrs. A, I'm going over to Vinny's now," I said, picking up my packed bag from the stairs.

 "Be good!"

  "We won't!" Vin called back before I closed the door. I heard a few snickers from the guys and could only imagine the perverted thoughts running through their minds.

  Vinny didn't live too far away, so we were walking to his house. The sun was just setting on this perfect day, and it saddened me a little.

  This summer wouldn't last forever.

 We all had to return to school and I'd hardly see the boys anymore, what with us all going to different schools and them having dance. All I could count on was the guys staying over with Madison on the weekends.