Chapter 8

"Hello?"

"Lauren, how are you?" Her dad's joyful voice asked, making her cock an eyebrow as she went into the house.

"I'm good. How're you and mom? How's Hawaii?"

"We're great. Hawaii is lit."

"Dad, no one says that anymore," Lauren said, laughing as she went into her room.

"Since when?" Mike asked defensively.

"Like 2016."

"Oh well. Can you facetime us? Mom wants to say hi."

"Sure thing," Lauren ended their call and pulled her MacBook over onto her lap as she sat on the bed. She quickly opened facetime and called her parents, who accepted the conversation as soon as it appeared.

"Hey guys," Lauren said, smiling to her parents who were sun kissed and sitting in their hotel room.

"Hi, Laur. How's LA?" Clara asked, waving her hand.

"It's good. Reagan is having the time of her life with the girls."

"That's wonderful," Mike commented. "You should get together more often."

"Yeah, but everyone is pretty busy and it isn't cheap to fly out and rent the car and stuff," Lauren said, her smile faltering. The thought of Fifth Harmony's return came to mind.

"You're thinking, Mija. What is it?" Clara asked. She could read Lauren like a book.

The brunette took a deep breath before answering the question. "Camila was talking to Roger, her manager, last week and he told her some interesting news."

"That being?" Mike prodded.

"Fifth Harmony's net worth has increased exponentially. So much so that if we sign back to the label and start making music and touring again each of us could make 8 million per year."

"Per year?" Clara asked in astonishment.

"My reaction too. The fans have increased and our name is still big so it wouldn't be hard to jump back into the business-"

"But..." Mike always knew there was a but with Lauren.

"But I have Reagan and I don't want to yank her around due to tours and promotions and what not's. She's starting kindergarten and-"

"They have schools in LA," Clara said, cutting Lauren off.

"Yeah, but-"

"And she's a bright kid. Homeschooling while you tour through South America isn't a bad idea, plus she's fluent in Spanish so she wouldn't struggle with making friends along the way," Mike offered, his wife nodding.

"I know, but-"

"Mija, Reagan is little. Her education is important, yes, but so are her cultural learning skills. You'd be giving her the chance to the see the world and learn from people her own age in different countries."

"I know, but I don't want to ruin her schedule."

Mike scoffed, "What schedule, Mija? She sleeps until ten and clings to you all day. It'll be the same only an earlier wake-up time and you'll be singing."

"Besides, a tour with 5H doesn't start until June, which allows her to go to school for almost the entire year. As for any European leg, she could use the homeschooling and then go back after Christmas but that's well over a year from now anyways," Clara added.

"But what about recording?"

"Lauren, Reagan is obsessed with music. The fact that she gets to see it first hand like that is going to be beyond amazing for her," Clara said, trying to see what was so hard for Lauren. "Sweetheart, what's the real issue? Every time your dad and I try to help you find a new full-time job you shut them down because nothing feels as fulfilling as singing on stage. You can't be a bartender forever."