Chapter 4 : Curious Mind

Running. Panting. Julia was trying to get to her class but she obviously was already late. She got into the door and saw that Anthony was sitting there, waiting for her.

"Sorry I'm late Mr. Suthenburg." with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

"It's okay, you were just five minutes late. And what did we say about calling me Mr. Suthenburg?" raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well I'm just not used to calling my teachers by their first names." she explained.

"Get used to it. Ready to practice your piece?" he asked. "We are having a show down at the Mackenzie Studios. It's for a charity. Every student is encouraged to come and share their music. It should be your own composition. We'll get famous musicians to buy your music and the money that we'll be getting will go to our charity. I suggest you get started with you music." he said.

"Wait. I'm only a beginner at this. How am I gonna get some famous musician to buy my music? Anthony I can't." she said bowing her head in frustration.

Anthony stood up from where he was sitting. He looked up at the finely furnished walls of the room, and was now walking in a circular motion with Julia inside of that circle.

"Everything that our eyes can see is an inspiration. Some people just don't know how to appreciate them. See the walls of this room? It's painted with simplicity, but its beauty is elegant. My point is if you can make something out from your heart, even if it's not all that jazzy, it will be more than you imagined." he said. Holding Julia for encouragement he added "You have something you still don't see in you, but I've seen it. You're good with your music Julia. I know your parents are so proud of you." he finally finished.

Hearing what Anthony has to say was really inspiring, but the last thing that she would want to think about are her parents. There was a sudden painful pierce in her heart. She tried to smile at the instructor who had no idea what she was going through. She searched for words but she felt numb inside that even the outside was affected, but still she tried to say something.

"Okay, I think I can do it." sounding a little off, but a bit convincing.

"That's the spirit Ethentorn!" he rejoiced. "Now let's pick up from where we left off last week." he added.

Julia played and played. She's got the music memorized in her head that she almost perfected it. The day passed and her session was over.

"That was well played Julia. I'll see you tomorrow." smiling at her.

"Yes, thank you." smiling back. 

Julia walked out of the room to the hallway. She still felt empty eventhough she knew that she did well today.

I love you mom. I love you dad. she thought to herself. Everything that I'll do is all for you. I know your watching over me. I don't have to be afraid anymore.

She heard quick steps coming her way. "Hi! Do you know where Ms. Heather's room is?" the girl asked. She has a short black hair, an edgy look. She had her guitar bag strapped on her back. She looked like a punk kind of girl. But the way she talked was sweet.

"Uhhmmm it's the third door to the right. I assume she is your guitar teacher?" Julia said.

"Yup, I take guitar and voice lessons. Thanks for your help. I'm Brianna." she said.

"I'm Julia, piano student." she anwered.

"Okay thanks again Julia, I'm running really late so I'll see you when I see you." she went away running.

Julia walked out of the building. She forgot about the pain that she felt when she had the conversation with Anthony. She still didn't like the thought of calling him Anthony.