Chapter 6 : Interrogation II

"I don't want to leave Becca, I can't leave." Julia exclaimed.

"We both know that this will be hard for the two of us. Every angle of this house will give us memories that we don't even want to think about." Becca explained.

In the middle of their argument someone was at the door, not knowing that they left it open.

"Good morning Ms. Stillman and Ms. Ethentorn, leaving the door open might not be a good idea. Please make sure to keep yourselves safe." officer Geller suggested. "May I come in?" he asked.

"Oh it's you officer, yes we'll make sure of that next time. Ofcourse you may come in." Becca answered.

"Where's Officer Mcneely?" Julia asked.

"He has something else to do Ms. Ethentorn, there was an emergency." the officer said.

"Please, call me Julia." she said.

"Alright Julia, do you think you're ready to tell me what really happened?"

"Yes, I'll tell you everything I know." Julia said, assisting the officer to the living room.

"Okay, as I've said I was trying to help my dad, you see he was doing really well with his record company, he got many artists signed to work with him. Then Mr. Hensly owner of J&J Music came in to the picture, he kind of pirated the artists that my dad was working with. His offer was better and obviously his company was well known. My dad got frustrated and I started to do something, which was to spy inside their company." Julia took in a deep breath before continuing with her story.

"I inquired and introduced myself as a music student doing a research. I was talking to a girl at the front desk, when she looked behind her I quickly ran to the elevator. I was in panic so I pressed 18. So ofcourse I was at the 18th floor, there was this room with a galss door I knew that I didn't have much time so I went inside and a secret was found." she stopped.

Julia was beginning to feel weak again, she struggled to find words to continue her story.

"What did you find Julia? What was the secret?" Officer Geller asked.

"Betrayal. That was what I found out. My dad's partners were also working for J&J Music and giving away his ideas. I didn't actually see them there but a computer was left open, and when I checked up on the computer the page that opened was an email from a colleague of my dad, Charlie. He told everything that my dad was about to do. His strategies and everything. So I emailed it to my dad, erasing it from the sent and trash. Then there was a vault behind me, someone was there. So I hid behind the thick curtains. It was Mr. Hensly, he was holding a pack of whited grained powder in his hands while making a phone call. And from there I figured out that he was selling drugs too. I left the building withouht anyone seeing me. But I made a very wrong move, cause when I logged in to their record book before going inside the building I wrote my real name. And that's how they tracked me down." Julia finished.

"And giving them a reason to attack your family." Officer Geller added.

"Yes, it was all my fault. And I could never forgive myself for that." Julia said, her voice almost cracked.

"Julia, you and Becca couldn't stay here, you have to move somewhere else. Somewhere Mr. Hensly can't find you. You're still not safe. You know that." Officer Geller implied.

Becca was standing behind the officer "Yes, we're already set to move in somewhere far from here." she butted in.

Julia felt helpless, there was nothing she could do. She knew that Becca and officer Geller were right, as much as she wanted to stay at their house it was just really impossible for them to live there. Knowing that danger is still standing by, waiting for their return. Mr. Hensly has yet to be found. He left the country after the incident. So they need to be careful of their decisions.

---

The following day, they started packing up. Went to the airport and left the only place where Julia wanted to be. It has been a year, Julia made friends easily. Where she met Holly, Amy and the rest.

She was moody at times. Sometimes she'd be happy by just spending time with her friends. Then she'd isolate herself from them. It was a very hard thing for Julia to explain herself to her friends regarding her bahaviour. But it was easier for her to not tell them why.

Julia recently graduated from highschool. She was so excited for college, when summer came. She was constantly haunted by the memories of her parents thru nightmares. She'd find herself screaming before waking up. Which was bad. Which was the reason why she had not socialized with her friends for six long months.

During those long months she'd spent her time sitting by the beach and just watch the waves til sunset. Rebecca on the other hand was too busy with her clients that even if her mind was on Julia she couldn't do anything to reach up to her.

Julia was alone, with no friends, no parents, not even a step mom to talk to because of Becca's schedule. Time went by, Julia tried to help out with the Becca's Cafe -- An Caife. It somehow helped her forget but the nightmares were still there. Becca even took her to Belle Femme to see the latest designs that she made. She engaged on both stores that Becca owned which was good, but still the nightmares were there.

"I don't know what else to do Becca, I can't live like this." Julia said, frustrated about everything.

"Juls it's all in your head, it's hard for me too. I'm also trying to cope but you can't cage yourself forever. You never go out with your friends anymore." Becca said.

"I go to your cafe and your clothing shop. You know that."

"Yes, but who do you talk to? Nobody. Because you shut everybody out. That's not healthy Juls, I'm sure that's not how you were raised." Becca was now walking back and forth inside her office at their house fixing some papers. She barely even made eye contact with Julia.

"Well that's not how my mom talks to me." Julia walked out of the room.

Saying those words to Becca made her feel guilty, the mere fact that she compared Becca to her mom was totally out of the line. Alicia and Becca got along just fine. When Alicia found out 3 months after she and James had a divorce that he was already seeing someone else she wasn't bitter about it. They knew that they didn't have the same love that they had before. Julia was 14 years old when her parents decided to part ways. It was hard on her but it  was good that her parents decided to stay friends for the sake of their daughter. The situation was still very tough on everyone else, James still getting used to having a girlfriend instead of a wife, Alicia getting used to the fact that she lost the only man that she ever loved because they grew apart, Becca becoming paranoid about everything and getting jealous of Alicia all the time. Julia trying to love everybody, she tried her best to be the best daughter to everyone else. She accepted the new member of their family.

And now her life is not the same anymore. There were less arguments with Becca. And she hasn't figured out what she wants in life but everything else changed when she started going to Emerald College of Music.