Chapter 2 : Interrogation

He didn't know what to do. They were coming at him too fast. He tried to reach for something he could use as defense but they were too many, there was nothing he could do.

"Don't hurt my family. They have nothing to do with this." glaring at the man who was trying to kill him.

"Noooooooo! Stop it! Get off of him!" Julia came running to help his father.

"Julia stay there! I don't want you getting hurt honey." pleading for his daughter to keep away from them.

It was then that Alicia got the chance to fire the gun at the men who were crowding James. But she only shot two of them, and there were five of them. "Julia run!! Rebecca take her with you." she shouted.

"Mom no!" but she was being dragged by Rebecca out of the house.

They ran.. She ran even if her heart was slowly being broken into pieces. There was nothing she could do. Nothing, but cry.

"We should help them Rebecca! I don't want to lose them" kneeling down on her knees. "Please... let's go back" sobbing.

"Julia we're not safe here, If only I could, you know I would. But for now we'll have to stick together." helping Julia up her feet.

They ran.. as far as they could and searched for help. When they were brought to the hospital, both of them were out of words. They can't seem to explain what they were feeling.

"What they did for you Juls.. it was really out of love. You know." Becca said, comforting her step daughter.

"I know. I wish there was something I could've done" Julia said, rubbing her eyes.

"Who would do such a thing?" Becca wondered.

"They were always good to everyone Becca, you know that. I can't think of anyone who could possibly hate them." she said firmly.

Then the  conversation stopped when a guy wearing a white clothing came to them.

"Ms. Julia Ethentorn I'm Dr. Roberts, we've seen your lab results and it shows that you are completely okay. You just have to relax, I know the experience has been a great torment to you." now facing Becca "Same with you Ms. Stillman, you both have nothing to worry about. Some officers are outside the room, they may have a couple of questions for you."

"Thanks Dr. Roberts." Becca answered. "I think we're ready to tell them what happened."

Hearing the confirmation from Becca, Dr. Roberts let the two officers in the room.

"Goodevening Ms. Stillman and Ms. Ethentorn, I'm Officer Geller and this is my partner Officer Mcneely. You already know why we're here." the two officers waited for an answer from either of the girls.

"Ms. Ethentorn?" officer Mcneely now said. Looking at Julia's eyes. "We know it must be really hard for you right now. But we're trying to help." the officer added.

Julia closed her eyes for a while, she breathed heavily in and out. She was trying to relax while every moment of the incident were flashing back in her mind.

"It was my fault." she finally said.

All eyes were on Julia, even Becca who has seen everything had that wondering look in her eyes.

"Please go on Ms. Ethentorn" Officer Geller said, holding a piece of paper, writing everything down like a student.

"See my dad was having problems with his business, and I tried to help him. I kind of made my own research about the company who was trying to bring my dad down. Keeping a recording company can be hard, I must say." she looked up at the two officers who were listening attentively to her story.

"And? They found out about it?" the thin officer Mcneely asked.

"Yes, apparently I wasn't a good spy. I walked into their office, ofcourse they didn't know who I was. I pretended to be a customer, inquiring for a school research that I was making. Then..." she stopped. Thinking if she should continue or not.

Her hands were shaking, and tears were just falling on her cheeks. Julia has gone through enough for this day. Re-living everything would be the last thing that she wants.

"Uhmmm, officers I think Julia needs a little break from all of this. It's a lot to take, she's in pain. Maybe we could continue this tomorrow?" Becca suggested.

"We understand ma'am, we'll come back tomorrow. We'll see what we can get from the scene of the crime" officer Geller answered.

"You two have a good day and rest well" the officer added.

As soon as the two officers walked out of the room, Julia was still all in tears. Not knowing what to say, what to feel and where to go. It's like all of a sudden her whole life has been changed. Which is true, her whole life has indeed been changed.

Every day she and Becca would visit James and Alicia's grave, and every time they do they were always brought into tears. As time passed they became numb of what happened that night.