when you said you loved me+

an; something a little different i hope you like it, it is both of their perspectives on when the other said "i love you" to them.

cody and i were in the car talking about everything under the moon and driving with no clear destination. it was perfect.

"do you remember the first time i said i love you?" he said as he grabbed my hand and held it our fingers intertwining.

"how could i forget?" i grinned, my thoughts tracking back to that day.

+

i looked at the time on my phone 12:37am it read.  i was sleepy and stressed with an assignment that wasnt due for a few weeks. but i always panicked when i didnt need too.

my eyes were slowly closing until i heard ringing from my phone. it read codys name and i quickly picked it up half asleep.

"h-hello?" i said stumbling over my words.

"y/n its an emergency i need you to come quick," he said breathlessly. my eyes shot open. i grabbed my keys and slipped on some flip flops.

"do you need me to bring anything?" i said flying out my front door.

"no ill explain everything when you get here" he exclaimed.

"okay, ill be quick bye" anything could have happened. i overthink everything so a situation like this doesnt help.

my car was going fast but as fast as it can on a saturday night in los angeles, it seems as if this city never sleeps and the traffic never stops.

my car halted in front of codys house and i flew out. running to the door. luckily it was open, i paced myself inside and turned the corner to see cody sitting there as if nothing was wrong.

"what happened what was the emergency?" i exclaimed, mad now as i knew nothing really serious happened.

"the emergency was that i missed my girlfriend," he smirked.

"cody youve got to be fucking kidding me. you nearly gave me a heartattack over the phone"

"im a wonderful actor by the way, dont ya think?"

"fuck you," i said sarcastically.

"as you wish" he winked as approaching me. [yall i had too]

"nice outfit by the way." he chuckled looking at my pajamas up and down. i was wearing hello kitty shorts that i got when i was a freshman in high school given to me by my grandmother. i still love them they are comfortable. and to top it all off was a tournament shirt that i got this year. im obviously killing the fashion game.

i laughed and then hid my face in his chest.

"you look adorable," he said as we pulled away and he was now looking into my my eyes while we were still entangled in a hug-like position.

"i love you" he said. i was stunned. we have only been official for 3 months this was soon; for me at least. i was definitely not ready to say those words to him, they mean a lot to me. and i have seen what happens when you throw them around artificially.

"and i do understand you may not feel the same way yet, but im hoping you'll feel the same way about me in the future, because i really do lo-" i cut him off by kissing him.

we pulled away,

"thank you, for giving me your love."

+

"your pajamas were the best,"

"i really agree, im a fashion icon" we both laughed.

+

cody's pov;

"now do you remember the first time i said i love you?" she looked at me intently.

"of course" i nodded, my mind going back to that lovely day,

+

it was around 8:30 when i awoke. i was tangled with y/n's body. i love waking up next to her, she is absolutely precious.

i slowly was removing myself her body until i heard a groan.

"cody already?" she said.

"yes, y/n. go back to sleep, i love you and ill see you later." she nodded.

i got up took a shower and got dressed as quietly as i could, making sure she doesnt wake up.

i wrote her a note before i left it read;

"i love waking up to you every morning.

you mean everything to me.

you make me look forward to something everyday.

you make my bad days turn into a great day.

i love you and i will see you tonight"

and then i was off to my game, y/n unfortunately could not make it to this game due to prior commitments with her parents for lunch. didnt hurt me, y/n loved her parents and i love them as well.

+

the game went well. i went through interviews quickly, excited to get home to my girl. grabbed my things and left.

i got home put my backpack to the side and saw y/n walking towards me with a smile.

she gave me a hug and i held her for a long time.

"thank you for my note, i love you" she whispered in my ear. this was the first time she has ever said she loved me. happiness was buzzing throughout my whole body. i could feel like this forever.

+

"i dont think ive ever loved someone as much as i love you," she said gliding her hands across my face. i smiled, she made me extremely happy. i want this forever and ever.

an; this was a past and present feelings about how they felt. i feel like these words are constantly thrown around too easily and some people dont even mean it; idk thats just my opinion. anyways wow i love this one, and this was a rare cody pov.. i hope you enjoyed it!!
+961