dating+

"cody seriously you have to start going on dates. so many girls would date you," i told cody while sipping my water leaning on the island in the kitchen. i have known cody for 4 years and we have been friends the whole time while he was going through the system.

recently his agent reached out to me to start convincing cody to date someone. he said it didnt even have to be for long just a few dates. although the idea of cody dating anyone makes me anxious, i would never tell him my feelings for him. i knew the only thing we would be was bestfriends and i had to be just that for him, a bestfriend.

"oh gosh would you stop. i dont want to go on dates with anyone. why are you so adamant about this?" he said with his head stretched back.

i rubbed my eyes. "your agent keeps on emailing me to get the idea of dating in your head. he said it would look good and like you want to commit to someone." i said. i was currently at his apartment after another win.

"im going to kill him, i told him i didnt want to. i have to focus on playing." he said scrolling on his phone.

"come on it could be fun cody! besides the baseball girlfriends and wives, your mom and your sister, im the only girl you see" i walked over to the couch to sit next to him.

"and i am perfectly fine that way," i sighed loudly. i scrolled through my contacts then my instagram to show cody.

"youre not even looking at your options, i have friends hitting me up to set you two up. what about her?" i said showing him a picture of a friend.

"shes very sweet and pretty. you met her at the club last month and she gave you her number and you never texted her." i looked at him with the 'really' face.

"she talked too much, and plus i saw her with another guy after she was talking to me. no thanks" he looked at me looking tired.

"good lord." i stuffed my head into a pillow while he laughed.

cody is so stubborn and i knew he was wanted to commit. he has always wanted to share his life with someone. he's talked to me about it. so i know cody will eventually be with someone on his own terms. but just one date to get him out there. he's a rookie and should take advantage of this time.

"and plus i do have someone i want to start seeing" my head shot up thinking of all the times he's said he was tired and didnt want to hangout.

"so thats why you havent been wanting to hangout!"

"whats her name?" i smiled.

"no y/n thats not why i havent been wanting to hangout with you."

"then what is it? whats her name?"

"i cant say my lips are sealed." he said locking his mouth.

"cody you can not do this to me." i said with a groan. he smirked.

"what can i do to make you unseal them." i said extremely close to his face. giving him puppy dog eyes. soon codys head was leaning closer and closer to me until our lips connected.

the kiss was long and passionate like he has waited to do this. our lips disconnected.

"so much for dating huh?" he laughed.