We're Off To See The Meanies

I put my keys in the lock and twisted the door handle, opening it into my living room. Wondering over to the sofa, I put my keys on the coffee table and grabbed the freshly brewed cup of tea, taking a sip. Wait a seco-

"How was work?" I jumped up when I saw Steve, leaning against the doorframe into the kitchen. He had a towel over his shoulder as if he was washing up the cups in the sink. Of course, he had to do my chores for me. Just like old times.

"Dude, how? Why? Couldn't you wait until I came home?" He picked something up from the kitchen counter and waved it in my face. He, naturally, already had keys. He obviously got keys from the doorman. I'll have to have a word with him. "Hey, I did make you your green tea thing and I washed up everything for you." He reasoned.

"Honestly Steve, you know what happened. He broke me for ages. He lied for 3 and a half years, right to my face. Why are you here?" I sighed, sitting back on the sofa.

"You are like my little sister, Belle. I left you alone to protect you and give you space. But, we, well – I – need you. Wanda knew she messed up, and you remember Sam, he misses you. Clint wants you back. I bet if Bucky were here, he would miss you too. We can't do this without you, doll. What do you say?" He asked hopefully, sitting beside me and placing a warm hand on my shoulder.

I sighed once more and rested my head on his shoulder, making him wrap an arm around me. "Of course, I'll help. As long as I won't have to see Peter, okay?" I asked up at him, my comment making him smile.

"No, I don't think anyone would do that to you. I'm glad your back." He said, kissing my forehead. "I have to warn you, we are outside the law on this one. And against Tony. But it's for Bucky, we gotta help him."

"Against Tony? What happened?"

"Stark thinks that we should sign a document that means the Avengers will be put under supervision, along with Bucky being imprisoned. We will only be used when and if the government need us. We won't be able to save the world when we need to, and just let others destroy it." He said quietly, leaning against the back of the sofa.

"When do we go?" I asked, standing up and walking over to the kitchen to put my mug in the sink.

"Tonight, sorry for the late warning. Stark designed you a new suit in case you ever came back, plus he missed you. I grabbed it before I left because I knew I needed you to help. Are you ready?" He questioned, and I simply nodded. He threw a backpack at me which I caught with ease; leaping into my room to get changed.

My new suit was completely black, and fitted like my old one, but was slightly tighter. The leather was also soft and easy to wear, my hands were left free of gloves so I could shoot easier. I guess Tony remembered that I hated it. Black ankle lace-up boots sat beside my suit, and I threw them both on quickly, finding my utility belt at the bottom of the backpack, which had two L9A1s sat in their holsters. They easily were my favorite gun, as well as Glock 43s, only because of their practicality. I let my hair down and ruffled it, before stepping out and into the hallway, where Steve was waiting. He smirked at me.

"Are there any knives? I feel like I'm not very well equipped." I said sarcastically.

"Two in each boot." He replied, and swung open the door for me. I only realized now that he had changed into his Captain America uniform, his shield sitting on his back.

I thanked him quickly as he guided me up the stairs and onto the roof, where a helicopter was neatly landed. He slid open the door and I jumped in, Sam was already sat in there.

"Sam!" I cried out, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

"Hey kiddo, what's cracking?" He asked, hugging me back.

"Not much, been waiting for you lot to get off your asses." I giggled, sitting beside him.

"Are you driving?" I wondered.

"Of course, only the best pilot ever to exist." He casually bragged, making mine and Steve's eyes roll in a joking manner.

"Right, sure, sweetie. Whatever helps you sleep at night." I replied smugly. "Where are we going?"

"Germany."

Rewritten on the 9th of December, 2017