Puppy dog eyes

Haru's point of view

I woke up and walked to the washroom that was attached to my room. I walked you the washroom and the first thing I did was look in the mirror. My eye looked down at the bruise around my neck. My hand gently cupped it.

I decided to wear a turtle neck to cover up the bruise with black ripped jeans. Most people at this school don't wear uniforms anyway.

( the turtle neck ^ )

I went downstairs. I woke up really early today to make a linch because I was to tired yesterday. I looked in the fridge.

"Aish" I said while looking into the fridge

Looked like I'm going out to eat for lunch.

_____

I got on the bus and saw Chanwoo. I felt my heart sink when I saw his beat up face in reminds me in yesterday.

Chanwoo looked at me walk to the back of the bus his eyes melt my soul. I sat in the back with him but left a seat between us.

We were both quiet until it was our stop. I got a bit early while the bus was moving and he got up shortly after. When the bus was nearing the stop the bus jerked. I almost fell down the step but Chanwoo caught my waist with his right arm so I wouldn't fall. The bus came to a complete stop.

"Be more carful next time" he told me In monotone while exiting the bus

I got off shortly after. I walked to school with Chanwoo walking 7 meters ahead.

______

Home room in this school is just siting in a room and taking a nap or doing something else. I was bored out of my mind so I pulled out a book.

It was an ok book but I finished it once homeroom ended.

Once home room was over I decided to library instead of the gym.

____

I got to the library and woah it's huge. The library seemed very empty, but that's probably because the people here don't read much.

I walked down a bookshelf looking at the books until one caught my eyes.

I read the first chapter and was already in love with the book. The book was about a German girl who fell in love with a Jew during the holocaust and their struggles. It's such a beautiful book but yet it's so sad.

While looking for a place to sit I heard quiet sobbing. I peaked down the isle to see Chanwoo on the ground sobbing with books around him. He must have thrown them. I knew it wasn't the right time and decided to give home space and left with me book.

I have only known him for a day and don't t think I am in the position to comfort him right now.

_______