Chapter 3| Hate|

"I feel like I bother people just by being alive."

Madelynn's Point of View

I can't keep doing this.

It's too exhausting.

It's another day that went by and as usual, I am never missed. Currently, I was in the pack house where I looked after the younger kids when parents went out for quality time. My head and body ached with all the abuse I had received earlier and small tremors ran through me as my body protested in excruciating pain. 

Quinn had personally done it this time and now I walked a little funny because my leg wasn't healed as yet. My eyes burned from lack of sleep and sweat dripped down the back of my neck. 

I was so tired, physically and mentally.

A loud buzz was ringing through my ears as the pups screamed and laughed to their heart's content. I just sat in the corner and watched to make sure they didn't do anything too reckless. My body felt drained and I didn't have the energy to do anything.

My Alpha had requested the presence of everyone in the pack to gather at the Great Hall for an announcement and I was not looking forward to it. This pack was filled with so many fake people who sucked up to even faker people and I was so sick of it.

The Alpha knew what occurred in the pack but like everyone else, he ignored it and just looked the other way. The issue wasn't something that needed attention drawn to it and if it didn't affect the pack, it didn't affect him.

When I came to my senses, standing in front of me was none other than Quinn accompanied by Luke. They were both dressed formally as she wore a body-hugging, white, floor length dress that gave her an angelic appearance while Luke was decked out in a black suit that showed off his muscular body.

 He stood there looking bored out of his mind while Quinn continued to glower in rage.

"Aren't you supposed to be looking after the mutts and not sleeping away you lazy hag?" she spat in disgust.  

"Head down no talking," I chanted quietly to myself.

"Answer me you little wench," she spoke in controlled rage. Luke stared at me in disinterest as he waited for Quinn to finish her tantrum. Small veins could be seen along her neck as she turned a  bright color.

My scuffed, red shoes started to blur as my eyes became misty. Soon enough, polished black shoes came into view and a rough hand grasped my chin firmly forcing my eyes upwards to stare at Luke. He looked handsome as always with his bed-tousled hair now smoothed back and his defined jaw was clearly seen as he was freshly shaven.

Quinn and Luke.

The ideal couple. They belonged together.

He stared at me for so long in silence, I became fidgety. His lips turned down slightly into a distasteful look.

"Look at my girl when she's talking to you," he ground out as his fingers tightened painfully on my chin.

I looked behind him to see Quinn with a pleased look on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest which made them look bigger.

Why was she so beautiful?

Why wasn't I beautiful?

I wish I was beautiful.

"When we tell you to do something, you had better do it okay Tally?" Quinn mocked at me. By now, tears poured freely down my face and I was sniffling uncontrollably.

She then slapped me so hard, my head whipped to the side as I stumbled back. Luke snorted in disgust.

"Weak little mutt," he spat as he grabbed Quinn by her arm and they walked out of the room leaving me to suffer with the thoughts that plagued my mind.

I straightened up, wiped away my tears and stayed with the pups until someone else came to take over. I kept my head down the whole time as my cheek burned slightly and I'm sure it was a bright red.

 I then dragged myself to my room, shut the door, locked it and proceeded to cry.

"Why?" I muttered through my sobs to no one in particular.

"Why?!" I screamed out as I fell unceremoniously to the floor.

I hated it.

I hated the way they made me feel.

I hated the way I made myself feel.

I hated me.

"Please, please... please just make it stop," I whispered out as I curled myself into a ball and silently let the tears that no one ever saw, fall.

***********************************
AUTHOR'S NOTE

It's been such a long time. I am amazed. Been surviving life but the main reason I haven't written is because.... I FORGOT THE PASSWORD! Yikes. I really am bad it was a whole thing too cause I forgot my email and then lost my phone, etc.
Anyywayy, I'll be trying to update more but I am not sure how things will work out. Hopefully when my classes end I can write some more.

This was mainly just a filler chapter. By the next one, the real fun begins. 

Thank you for the votes and comments, it really makes my day. I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE OVER 200 VIEWS! *faints*

Thank you again for the views and comments, they mean alot.

Anyway...

Vote & comment!

 ~~A.J.~~