Prologue

"Out of all the people on earth who could have hurt me, why did it have to be you?"

Everyone just stared. It's what they always do. I should have been used to it but his stare was the one that had butterflies in my stomach. 

It wasn't from excitement this time but from nervousness. My palms were sweating and I felt queasy.

Rejection.

It's something a lot of people are afraid of even if we don't show it. We all want to be accepted in one way or the other. We abuse and manipulate and hurt but it's okay, it's what we do. 

All along, know one ever believed in me. No one wanted to believe in me. They abused me, they manipulated me and as usual, they hurt me. They say I won't amount to anything, I won't be needed in this world.

"Maybe they're right," the little voice inside my head whispered.

I just stood there feeling out of place and never going to fit in. He never cared if I was okay or if I could manage this on my own. But I would survive. I knew I would be alright.

When were you ever alright?

Fear rippled through me as he just stood there. It's all he ever did, stand there and say nothing. I was slowly losing my mind as sweat trickled down my back and my head pounded loudly. As I felt the anxiety creeping through me, I saw it.

That slender, manicured hand slowly inching its way up his shoulder.

 And there she was, the one girl who would always be better than me, the one girl who had everything that I wanted. 

As she stood there next to him, I felt as if I was slowly dying with a heavy load slowly suffocating me as I sank into my ocean of despair.

My heart hurt, simple as that.

She was kind. She was strong. She was perfect.

Best of all, she wasn't me.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Characters

                                            \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Hello, you beautiful people reading this. Thank you for giving this book a chance and taking the time to read this. I hope you stick around to continue this journey with me for this book.

All rights are reserved.

First chapter will be coming soon.

~~ A.J.~~