Chapter 4 |Damsel in Distress|

"Every damsel in distress deserves a Hero"

Madelynn's Point of View

A few weeks later

"Hello Madelynn," Luna Farah tells me as I cleaned the floor in the packhouse. My bones ached and my hands were still shaking from the beating Quinn caused last night.

I had to get out of the house so I decided to help out in the main house to get the constant voices out of my head. Better I work myself to the brink of exhaustion than stay awake and ponder death...again.

 Just my luck that I had to run into Luke's mother though.

She was tall, lithe and the exact opposite of her demon child. With a heart of gold and a gentle smile, you were always tempted to lean on her for support.

"Do it. Tell her what he has done Madelynn. You always have the chance," a small voice whispered in my head.

"How are things going with you sweetheart? Is everything okay?" She smiled softly.

Tell her

"Everything is fine Luna. I am fine." I said, my head bowed slightly in respect.

"That's very good to hear. How is the family? Everyone doing okay I hope." she asked again.

Tell her

"Everything is fine Luna."

"Oh my! Where did you get that bruise on your face? Look at me sweetheart," she spoke as her cold fingers gently titled my face upwards to watch her. Her blue eyes glistened with worry and she gently caressed my face, careful not to cause further damage that was there from what her son did.

The Alpha may have known what was happening, but Luna Farah was kept in the dark. She was too much of a gentle soul and I was sure if she knew, there would be consequences but I was too coward to speak up.

Tell her! The voice hissed again causing me an instant headache that hurt my head.

"I- "

"Hey mom! What are you doing here? I think dad was looking for you. Something about the Lupus Sphera that you all had to plan." Luke spoke nonchalantly as he munched on an apple.

(Wolf Ball)

He gazed around in boredom before his eyes landed on me and hardened in to thin slits. I shivered slightly and looked back at the ground. The room suddenly seemed colder and darkness crept in.

"Oh! It almost slipped my mind. I was just having a conversation with Madelynn, you know her right Lukey?" his mom smiled innocently.

"Yeah, I know who she is." 

Help me I wanted to scream at her and beg her not to leave me. 

Save me

"Okay then, why don't you run along and tell your father that I'll be there shortly. Just a little more catching up to do." Luna Farah said.

My head shot up in shock and surprise. A small wave of relief washed over me when I saw her smile and gently reach out her hand to me.

"Come on sweetheart, let's go and get something to eat. You must be famished because I know I am," she giggled.

Luke looked surprised at her comment as well and tried to deter her fro m going with me.

"It seemed important mom, I'll stay with M- her. Go see what dad wants okay."