lee daehwi | first steps

your pov•

"Why is life so unfair?" i thought to myself, as i stared out of my window.

i sat on my wheelchair, knowing that the mountains in front of me, is something i will never be able to climb.

and the wide, vast sea, is somewhere i can't swim anymore.

the only place that i can be, is this stupid wheelchair and maybe in Daehwi's arms.

the thought of him made me mad, at myself, for not being able to give him a good girlfriend.

someone physically stable or someone mentally stronger.

the fact that hurts me the most is that i still love him, and leaving him is not easy.

he was supposed to come at 3pm but he was already a few minutes late.

when the door opened, i braced myself for what was going to happen next.

"jagiya, i bought lunch and i am sorry i am late!" Daehwi told me as he kissed my forehead.

"Daehwi ah, i have something to tell you..." i told him.

"what is it?" he asked, his facial expression changing.

"let's... break up." i said.

"yah, stop fooling around!" he told me as he pinched my cheek.

"i am not! i am serious. i can't carry on this way. i feel sorry to you as i am this condition where you have to take care if me, and not giving you a free life." i told him, with tears flowing down my face.

"don't feel sorry. spending my time with you makes me happy, and i very glad to take care if you. but please don't leave me. i need you and i still love you, no matter how you are." he told me, on the verge if crying.

"no stop. i just want to give you a better life okay? can we just break up?" i asked him as he shook his head.

"i took so long to date you and i am not going to let my efforts go to waste. i really don't want to leave you. i don't mind taking care of you my whole life, even if it means taking my life away." he said, and held my hands.

i snatched my hands away from his.

"don't be stupid! stop always being so selfless towards me. don't risk your entire life for me, find someone else who is better than me. leave me, when you can. cause you will regret in the years to come." i raised my voice at him, feeling mad at him as he was so stupid to want to risk his life for me.

"no i won't leave you!" he said, standing up.

"you will, and you must Daewhi ah... i don't want to be a burden to you..." i whispered as i tried to control my tears.

"do you still love me?" he asked me.

"i...i don't anymore, so stop wasting your time with me!" i shouted, and lying through the skin of my teeth.

"i can't believe you, (y/n). fine i will leave, but take care of yourself, and remember that i will always love you and my doors are always open for you." he said, looking hurt.

my heart ached, to see someone always so cheerful, to look like the world just ended.

i was mad at myself, for being so cruel to him. for being so selfish but it was for him.

1 year later...

i got enrolled in a university and it was prom night.

my friend, Ye Ji, was a very nice girl, who volunteered to push me around in my wheelchair.

this time round, she was pushing me to the hall where the prom is held.

instead, she was pushing me to the one of the classrooms.

"Ye Ji ah, where are we going?" i asked her and she just replied, "wait."

i decided to wait then.

when we arrived at one of the rooms, it smelt like flowers.

Ye Ji pushed open the door and in front of me was a trail of flowers on the flower.

it was my favourite flower, roses.

Ye Ji pushed me in and standing in front me was Daewhi.

"Daewhi ah..." i whispered as a tear slid down my cheek.

"i will leave you two alone." Ye Ji said and ran out.

"(y/n) ah, i really missed you." Daewhi said and he walked over to me, kissing my forehead.

"me too." i told him.

"i thought you forgot about me." i told him as he touched my face.

"you were on my mind everyday, i missed you like mad. i skip meals and lose sleep, thinking about you." he told me.

"i am so sorry for being selfish that time." i told him as another tear slid from my cheek.

"don't be. that period of time was a wake up call for me too. it made me realise how much i love you, and it made my want to see you more." he said, his eyes watery.

"i was so lonely during those times, and i missed you like crazy." i said.

"but now, i hope we can go back to what it was last time." he told me, looking hopeful.

"i don't know Daewhi..." i said but i got cut off.

"(y/n) ah, no matter what, i will love you. you are you to me, and not a girl who is handicapped. i want to be with you, for my whole life please." he told me.

"do you really want to be with me? a handicapped person who is not capable of doing things alone?" i asked him.

"i want to be with you. i will always be there for you.will you accept me?" he asked.

"i will. thank you." i told him as he hugged me.

after a long time, i pulled away, and wiping tears away from my face.

"i can't dance today." i told him.

"who says you can't? i will dance with you today?" he said confidently.

"how?" i asked, feeling pathetic.

he slowly helped me to stand up.

"put your feet on my feet." he told me.

"for what?" i asked.

"just do it." he said.

i stepped on to his feet, suddenly feeling happy that i was standing again, and being with Daehwi.

i put my hands around Daehwi and he placed his arms around my waist.

he slowly swayed, and i swayed together with him.

"thank you for letting me be able to do things that i was not able to do these few months." i told him, leaning my forehead onto his.

"you are welcome." he told me, as he kissed me.

(A/N: Guanlin's story might come out today or tomorrow!! please vote💓)