Chapter 34

Ashley

Limbs were flailing. 

We were losing. 

The outcome was much worse than what we dreamt at night but did we really expect to beat a bunch of vampires alone? 

I was tackled to the ground, a familiarity behind it by now. The gravel scraped my back surely creating tiny holes in my shirt but my struggling groans distracted me from it. The leader's mouth was so close to my neck that if he could breathe, I would have felt it for sure. I expected the worst, ready to say my goodbyes but the weight was lifted. 

Above me Jason stood determinedly, his darkened eyes burning holes into the fangs of Bon Jovi. My legs lifted me off of the ground, brushing the dust away and I forced my stake through his chest making him see my smirk of satisfaction before he bites the dust. 

Jason tapped my back supportively, only to peel my eyes to the brothers behind him. They were fighting for their lives and losing undoubtedly. I rushed to the rescue dragging the brunette with me until his weight pulled me back. 

I stood in the middle of a straight line. On one end was Jason Dean my supposed brother struggling to live with a dead guy at his neck and at the other stood two frogs that I've known for most of my life. SO as you expected, I had to choose and fuck was it a doozy!

My legs stepped each side, my head thrashing side to side completely wasting valuable time. This decision was final and deadly and I had no idea what to do. Who was I prepared to lose? No one of course! Both were just as great as each other, though I still wasn't sure whether I could trust Jason yet despite him saving my life countless times. That was no reason to kill him right?

I had a mental battle, doing both sides of the ring and saying the pros and cons. I tried counting hoping that it was a dream but no, this was the reality. This was something my teenage mind had to decide, who was to live and who was to die. 

"Save them!" Jason yelled, arms buckling under the weight of the vampire. 

I looked over to the two, backing against a fence absolutely swarmed by vampires. 

I was ready, I had made my decision. 

Luckily, I didn't have to act upon it for the familiar tune of Lacucaracha sounded into my troubled ears filling it with nostalgia. A van swerved to the side, an old man in the front seat controlling a vehicle and a family of God knows inside. 

I grabbed Ed and Al then safely sat within a vehicle. The van was put into reverse but an awkward sound erupted from the roof. We then found ourselves floating, screaming and rising. We were to be dropped miles and miles away from the ground which is why I clambered into Sam's embrace, savoring every panicked moment in his warmth. I pretended we were driving, driving away on our honeymoon or to the store for our kids but no cars fall to the ground on the way to the store. 

Scared sounds escaped our mouths. I could feel my stomach moving everywhere but its rightful place as if I was back on the boardwalk enjoying several rides with my best friends. 

My hand cradled my lover's cheek, ignoring the cold sweat that beaded on it and captured his lips in a sweet kiss. Our kisses growing hungrier the closer we were to the ground, the closer we got the more that burning desire sweat through my pants. Eventually, we got so close our only option was to hug ourselves and cover our heads.

Closer and closer. 

Nearer and nearer. 

Expecting a big crash but there was only a light scrape and bursting sound. I rolled down the window, looking outward expecting the sky but seeing a flying Jason Dean holding the vehicle with every muscle in his body. His claws pierced through the solid metal intimidatingly. Despite his transformation, there was no hunger, only heroism in his eyes.