CHAPTER FIVE | Nothing is the same.

I would recommend listening to this beautiful song while reading, just to make it better :)

The next morning, Thea woke up first and what she saw, she couldn't believe. Caitlin was gone. She ran downstairs to see if she is in the kitchen or in the living room but she wasn't. She quickly ran to wake up the rest of the girls.

'' Laurel, Felicity! Wake up! '' she shaked them as fast as she could to wake them up. '' Guys, this is really important, wake up! ''

'' What's the rush? '' both Laurel and Felicity said it in the same time, slowly standing up.

'' Caitlin is gone. She isn't in her house. ''

Laurel and Felicity looked at each other and started to run around the house trying to find her but she wasn't anywhere. They ran on the street, yelling her name but she wasn't there, they ran around the corner and still no luck, eventually the girls gave up and went to school. They couldn't waste more time that day, so they had to go to school. As they walked in the first person they saw was Barry. Since he is the main sport guy in the school he had the best positioned locker, anger took over Felicity which caused her to attack Barry infront of everyone. She pushed him onto the lockers as he hit them and fell down.

'' It's all your fault. '' her voice raised slowly as she picked him up again, putting her elbow close to his neck. '' She's missing because of you ''

Barry didn't know what to say in confusion at first but he was intrigued. '' Who is missing? ''

'' Caitlin, you dickhole. Are you gonna pretend that you don't know her, that you didn't not notice that she isn't here. '' she forced her elbow more onto his neck causing him to stop breathing for a second, as Iris came around the back pulling Felicity by the hair to move away from Barry.

'' Move away from him, who do you think you are bitch? '' said Iris but before she could say anything Laurel punched her into causing her to fall.

'' Nobody calls her a bitch. '' said Laurel slowly standing above Iris as she was holding her left cheek. Felicity gave Laurel a quick, soft smile as she turned back to Barry. He looked teriffied in that moment but Felicity didn't give up.

'' I don't know what you did to her or what did your little serpent slut do and quite frankly I do not care, but you hurt my best friend and she left. She left because she trusted an asshole like you. You pretended to like her? Is that how low you are willing to go to humiliate someone? Well you didn't humiliate her, you just lowered yourself. '' felicity gave him her final words before she took the rest of the girls and left. Barry didn't know what to say to everyone else or how to explain this, so he just left towards his classroom. He took a seat in the back and turned his phone on. He unblocked Caitlin's number and the messages that she left kept popping out since he didn't see them. He started to read couple of them and turned off his phone again.

I don't care about her anymore. I shouldn't. I just gave her the same treatment that she put me through this weekend.

As the day was over, Barry was walking towards home as he saw her. He saw Caitlin in the distance, wearing this old baggy hoodie and covering her face. But he could recognize that walk and that gorgeous brunett hair in everyway, he saw it was too late to avoid her so he decided to confront her. He stood in her way as she bumped into him.

'' I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. '' said Caitlin not raising her head, trying to circle around him as he took her by her wrist. '' I said i'm sorry, let go. '' she pulled her hand strongly as she looked up. She didn't know it was Barry at first but when she saw him, the same look from that night came back. Her eyes filled with tears and disappointment. Barry didn't know where she was, nobody did but what he saw on Caitlin he didn't expect. She had a little black eye around her right eye and bruises over her body.

'' What happened to you? '' said Barry looking at Caitlin and her bruises.

'' Like you would care anyways. '' she brushed him off quickly, putting her head down again.

'' Actually I do care, your friends attacked me today and blaming me for you leaving, so yeah. I do. '' he let her hand go slowly, trying not to touch any of her bruises. Caitlin slowly wiped tears from her face, pulling her hoodie sleeves over her hands.

'' Are we done here? '' she tried to escape the conversation as fast as she could've.

'' No, we aren't and we probably never will be if we are being completely honest, so tell me why did you run away? ''

A little ironic laugh came from Caitlin which suprised Barry. '' You know, I thought by now you would figure it out, but obviously your mind and your hands were too busy. ''

'' You left because of what I did with Iris? You shouldn't care, you don't feel anything towards me so I should be free to do and date whoever I want. '' he slowly raised his voice.

'' Yeah, you are right. I shouldn't care but I do. I thought the same thing, that I didn't care that I didn't feel anything towards you, but I do, I feel alot. And whatever I did feel is gone. '' Caitlin raised her voice. '' When you kissed me, that's when it all changed. But now it's gone and so it's old Caitlin. '' she gave him a quick smirk as she left him on the side of the street.

Caitlin's words just kept repeating through his head, he couldn't quite understand it at first but he understood what he did. Barry realised that he lost everything over revenge. He lost the chance in being close to Caitlin, that he lost her in complete. God knows what happened to her and if she will ever be the same. 

I'm updating so fast because my school is about to start and god knows how much I will update then so i'll try to update every 2-3 days before it starts. This chapter is dedicated to Asli. I love you and I hope you like the idea of them expressing feelings, not quite what you meant but there is still alot to come. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.<3