Chapter 3

When I woke up my pulse was back to normal. I needed to get up but I couldn't feel my legs yet. It was weird how I woke up. Every day without fail I would wake unable to feel my legs or hands, then I would attempt to wiggle my toes and fingers and my feeling would return. I guess its just something with being a super.The moment I regained all feeling I remembered the conversation I had with my mother last night. I was going to be the poster boy for all heroes ever! Well, at least for this decade. If I was going to be the poster boy I would have a huge reputation to uphold. I had to be honest, good, and pure. All of the time. I would bet that every super hero you know about has a therapist on speed dial. Seriously! Who can do that?! I got out of bed and quickly got ready for school. I ran down stairs to find a note sitting on the table. It read

"Went to work early. Dad's asleep. You have a meeting today at six.

Don't be late.

Love, mom.

P.S. No flying!!!"

     I ate a quick breakfast and flew to school anyways. I didn't see what the big deal was. Seriously! Why would I have these powers if I wasn't allowed to use them?! I got to school early and put the things I didn't need in my locker. I walked out to the front of the school and sat on a large rock. It was only six so I had an hour to sit back, relax, and-

"Hello!"

     I flipped off the rock backwards and held a book up in defense. I heard a small giggle coming from the other side of the rock and slowly stood up again.

"Uh- Hello?" I said to the girl that stood on the other side of the rock. It was the same girl from yesterday.

"Sorry to scare you," she said "Its just that yesterday I was kind of afraid of everything and I realized that I was staring at you because you were frightening and then this morning I saw you on the rock and you didn't look so bad so I walked a little closer and saw what you were reading and was like 'oh my goodness! I love that book!' So I came over and scared you by accident and you ended up on the ground. So, yeah!"

"Did you just say that all in one breath?" I asked. The girl blushed and gave a slight nod. "That's awesome!"

"So what's your name?" she asked

"My friends call me Max! What about you?"

"Oh! I'm Chasity!" She said with a smile.

"Well, hey Chasity. Why'd you think I was frightening yesterday?" I asked lifting an eyebrow.

"Well you were dressed in dark clothes and you looked rebellious. I mean, you weren't listening, you had your feet kicked up, and you were sitting in the back of the class. I guess I just thought you were the school bad boy."

I busted out laughing and the girl looked confused.

"Sorry. Sorry, its just that I was picturing me as the school bad boy." I said still laughing "I was in dark clothes because I forgot it was the first day of school and didn't do laundry, that was all I had left. I wasn't listening because its always the same. I had my feet kicked up because nobody was there. I was in the back of the class because, much to my dismay, I came in late. Just like you."

"Oh. Well, I guess that makes sense." She said smiling. "Can I ask you something weird?"

"Anything" I said smiling.

"Will you be my friend?"

~~o_

     After kindly agreeing to be her friend I took the girl to class and we studied before the first bell. She seemed really nice and I realized that she might be best friend quality. Well, she obviously stood for only friend quality. School went great with my new friend and I got home ready to relax. I walked in the door and noticed the note on the table. Relaxing would have to wait. I had a meeting to attend.