Chapter 9

It was the day after me and Chasity got together and I hadn't slept all night. I was so excited about her being my girlfriend that I just brushed off the fact the she was evil. She seemed so happy yesterday though. She smiled more, laughed more, and even stared more. She was walking on air when I flew her home and I knew that I was the reason why. Today I was supposed to meet up with Chasity so I hopped in the shower and let the hot water roll over my body.

~~o_

Chasity P.O.V.:

     I had a surprise planned for Max today. He would be so confused, it would be hilarious! I would tell him my big secret and he would stare at me for a long period of time wondering whether to kill me or to hug me. I don't really know which He would do but I'm think that he would kill me, figuratively of course. I waited outside of his house hidden behind a bush. I was wearing my uniform and it was hot outside. Not a good mix. However I didn't care because phase one of my big surprise was ready. I sat behind the bush with my weapons and rope ready, a bag of premature carrots sat on my lap. I was ready for this today. I was ready to finally get back at the Masked Shadow.

~~o_

Max P.O.V.:

     I got out of the shower when I was finally clean and got half dressed. I still had to brush my teeth and didn't want to get toothpaste on my shirt. I brushed my teeth as I gazed at my beautiful wings. They were so hard to hide from the human world but so worth it. I stopped brushing my teeth as I realized that my wings were flawless, there wasn't a single feather that was out of place and not a single thing in the world that could change the way I feel about them. I got completely dressed and headed downstairs to eat a little bit of breakfast. My mom was in the kitchen and I hugged her from behind.

"Hey mom!" I said happily into her ear.

"Hey sugar," she exclaimed "why are you so happy this morning?"

"Because I-"

"Got a girlfriend?" She interrupted.

"Yeah." I smiled. "She is great mom! She is sweet and funny and beautiful and a super. The only downfall is that she is evil."

"Evil?!" my mom practically jumped across the table. "Be careful honey. You never know. She could be A.C.D. in disguise! I want you to find out her initials."

"Mom! It's fine! She is not A.C.D.! Her initials are C.D.-" I stopped and pulled out my phone. I dialed Chasity's number and waited for a response.

"Hello?" Said the girl at the other end.

"Hey." I said lovingly. She may be my enemy, but I still had a thing for her. "I have a random question to ask you."

"What's up honey?"

"Is Chasity your first name?" I asked.

"No. Actually it's Annabelle but I go by Chasity because its my middle name. I think th-" She was interrupted by me dropping the phone and accidentally hanging up.

"Mom." I said quietly. "Her initials are A.C.D."

     I heard my mom gasp as she left the room. As she left she yelled "I'm sorry I can't help right now. I have work and I'm very late! I love you!" With that she was gone. I sat in the chair that was in front of me and ate a bowl of cereal. I decided that I would fly to Chasity's house so that I could see her sooner and then I would confront her about being my enemy.

     I washed my dish and walked to the door. I stopped short when I saw a little note taped to the door that said "No Flying!" I ran outside and felt the breeze. The moment I felt the air, I jumped up and was flying. In only a moment, I knew that everything was prefect. I knew that I would live happily with a wife and kids, maybe even Chas- Annabelle. I knew that everything was perfect at that exact moment and then, the moment was gone. Something hard hit my wing and I saw the blood before I started dropping. I looked over and saw a bullet wound in my wing. I fell. I waited to hit the ground but that never came. Instead, I landed on a thick pillow of premature carrots. Something clicked and I was trapped in a cage filled with my weakness. The last thing I saw before blacking out was A.C.D.'s face hovering over mine.