Chapter 19

Watching as her pointy heels clicked along the marble flooring off the kitchen as she paced back and forth.

Her brows furrowed in confusion as I stood leaning my back on the kitchen counter. Nathaniel stood his arms shaking as he pressed himself against the unit.

"You both wanted to see me? what about? how did you even know where we were?" I spoke my voice shaking with concern.

They both shared looks of happiness but worry. Making my heart pound even faster against my chest.

"Well Adrianne, Mason told us, Back to our news Nathaniel and I are expecting". She spoke her voice filled with glee. Causing my confusion to deepen.

It had barely set in.

I couldn't even think about what they were saying. Their mouths were moving but nothing was making sense to me.

"Adrianne? You ok?" Nathaniel's soft voice whispered his voice barely audible.

Snapping out of my thoughts. I nodded. Barely able to comprehend anything.

"That's great, I'm happy for you". I spoke barely able to keep the sickly turning feeling inside my gut

"Where's willow ". Nathaniel spoke sternly. Warning clearly apparent in his voice.

"Shes upstairs playing. " I whispered.

"Come on. We shall go and see her Adrianne. Wait here faith and mason think it would be better if we told her alone." He said. His voice clear with warning.

Walking up the stairs. My feet feeling heavy and weak. I could barely make it upstairs. My breath heavy and hard.

Barely reaching the top step before I felt my body being pushed against a hard wall. Nathaniel pressing himself into me painfully.

"Tell me Adrianne. What are you hiding" he shouted in my ear. Only loud enough for my ears only.

" I have no idea what your talking about" my voice shaking on every word I tried to say.

His body tensed against mine. His hard breathing being the only sound. So normal but chilling all the same.

"Don't fucking lie to me. Your skin is sickly pale. You are hardly able to get up the stairs and your hair looks like a prank gone wrong." He screamed. His hot breath fanning my face.

Tears brimming in my eyes. I pushed as hard as I could. He barely budged but moved just enough for me to shift my body out of his reach.

Walking away I felt a tight grip around my wrist pulling me towards him. I was barely able to pull away.

'Don't bloody mess with me Adrianne. What the hell is going on?!". He shouted not caring who could hear.

Trying as hard as I could to pull a sentence together I whispered.

"I have cancer Nate". I cried before running into my bedroom and sinking against the door the sounds of his knocks and screaming against the other side were nothing but sounds to me now.