Chapter 5

I knew I shouldn't be doing this, no good can come from it but I needed too. I needed to feel the adrenaline again. The rush of the crowd screaming your name as you danced in all your glory upon the stage. The spotlight on you. All eyes on you.

Everyone wanting only you for that one dance. Paying over the odds.

I could give me and Willow the life we needed. If I did this. But yet if I did it could all back fire.

The one person I didn't want too judge me. Was him. And he did.

Willow didn't need a man like him in her life. He made it clear he thought she was a burden and a bastard of a child. Thinking I just randomly threw myself at guys. In hopes I'd fall pregnant and trap the unfortunate male who fell for my trap. No it was a stupid mistake I did for money. A little bit extra. I'd only had a few customers. I didn't do it as my only profession. I was a dancer. Then needed a few bits on the side. Then Lewis set me up with a few deals here and there and when I fell pregnant he got me this place.

I was truly grateful to that man.

Now I'm back to were I started.

At the bottom.

Sitting on the spinning chair. Woman pulling strands of my hair and curling them. I looked like a changed woman. Like the age I was meant to look. Not like a middle aged mother.

My make up was done naturally but not to pale. A little bit of powder goes a long way as they say.

My costume was ocean blue. Like the ocean you see at the Caribbean. I loved the way the colour suited me.

Tonight's venue was this rather well known bar in the middle of town. 'Rejies'.

Everyone on a typical Friday night would be there guaranteed.

After that night at the event. I was told to start immediately. Still working my day job I had to cut my hours to fit this in and get home for willow.

My hours now being. 9am till 1pm. Then 7pm till 11pm at the club.

Sure I was working hard. But nothing ever comes cheap. I needed to work. I need to get out of that apartment.

Putting the finishing touches to my look. I was finally done.

The shimmering blue corset made my assets look so unbelievably amazing. The stockings making my legs look longer, softer.

I felt so confident in these types of outfits.

This night I felt nervous though. Almost nauseous.

Stepping out onto the stand. Normally beginners just work the floors. Serve drinks. But Id been here for years before. And it almost felt like I'd never been gone. Farah was at the corner of the room giving this middle aged man you could tell had a family at home awaiting him and they obviously didn't know he was here. His cheap suit crinkled and his clammy rough hands touching farahs sides.

Gliding my hips against the pole. I decided to try one of my old tricks that used to drive the crowd insane. Pushing myself off my feet wrapping them tightly around the pole. Twisting my body around so my face was facing the ground slowly grinding my hips against the pole and dragging my hips higher up the pole. A roaring sensation from the crowd erupted. Looking out onto the crowd feeling a set of eyes glaring at my every move. My eyes met with the forest green ones that intoxicated me one upon a time. Nathaniel.

Breaking out've my pause an continuing to grind against the pole. I couldn't concentrate no let the music takeover me tho. I could only think of him.