Chapter Thirty-Seven: I'll Destroy You

As promised, it was lunchtime when Kageyama delivered the notepad to Hinata as he made his way off the garden and into the cafeteria. Hinata opened it up straightaway and read through what Kageyama had written. Hinata's hand was poised at the next blank page, already prepared to scribble down a response for the sniper.

Well, about yesterday. I assume you're referring to the time you kissed me. I told you already, didn't I? I can't love you, if that's what you want from me.

If you're talking about the riot, I feel indifferent about it. I got Tanaka and Nishinoya out of the SHU, so all's well that ends well. My hair isn't picky. I'm not picky. Don't be mean.

By the way... do you like me? I've been wondering for some time.

-Kageyama

---

Kageyama. I'm not asking you to love me. I'm asking you to decide what you feel about me. You really confuse me, do you know that? I never know how to feel when it comes to you.

Also... it really took you this long to realise? Yes. I do like you. A lot. I wasn't sure if I did at first, but... you make me feel different. In ways that I like. You're moody and unpredictable, and you can be scary when you're mad. But I get the feeling that you wouldn't hurt me. I mean, after seeing what you did to Kindaichi and Kunimi... I know that for sure. I like you, Kageyama.

I can't stop thinking about how much I want you to kiss me.

I'm going to regret writing that sentence down later, I bet. But we're meant to be honest in this thing, right? So... yeah.

When's your birthday?

-Hinata

Hinata felt like his brain was going to melt any minute. Kageyama had flirted with him like that in front of the entire cafeteria, but he was still talking like this? How come Kageyama was so... clueless? It didn't make sense. It just didn't make sense. Kageyama spent his time around people like Kuroo. He should be adept when it comes to romance. But he just didn't know, did he?

Hinata slapped his hands to his face before walking into the cafeteria. His eyes went straight to the Karasuno table. Kageyama was sitting in his usual spot, eating his lunch. Wait. He's eating. Hinata stared for a few moments, realising that Kageyama seemed to have regained his appetite at last. Looking at the tray itself, he saw that there was a bowl of rice, some sushi and a plate of cooked pork. Yum...

"The line's moving." Hinata turned to see that Kenma was standing next to him, blinking at the orange-haired ace.

"Oh. Sorry." Hinata moved up and got his tray of food. He'd been expecting to get a bowl of rice and sushi, but today he was given a plate of cooked pork as well, glazed with some delicious-looking sauce. His eyes widened at the sight of the tray. It was the exact same thing that Nekoma and Karasuno would eat.

"Thanks," Nishinoya said, nodding his head at Hinata. "You're the reason he's eating again. You should feel proud."

"T...Thank you!"

Nishinoya simply chuckled and moved to serve the next guy in line, Kenma. Hinata held his tray in his hands, grinning as he headed over to the Karasuno/Nekoma table. He was going to sit with the Johzenji, but he wanted to give Kageyama the notepad first. Kageyama turned to face Hinata, who was holding out the notepad. He took it without a word, nodded and turned back to his tray of food. Hinata walked over to his table, thankfully without incident.