Taekey - Powdered Sugar | part 2/2

Still dedicated to my favourite person, the Taemin to my Kibum, miss Sandy-shi.

In which illustrator Kibum moves in across from the local baker and their son, Taemin, spends a lot of time looking out the window.

Wordcount: 6K

As soon as Taemin's teacher leaves on Friday, Taemin rushes downstairs and throws on a jacket, shoes and his trusty red woolly hat. He throws his prepacked bag on and gratefully takes the brown paper bag of pastries from his parents.

"Make sure to share with Kibum," his mother jokes warmly and Taemin nods happily. He skips out of the shop and to the other side of the road where he rings Kibum's doorbell. His parents watch him through their shop window as he stands, tripping on the doorstep. They watch the way his face lights up when he sees Kibum. The two boys hug and Taemin finds a string on Kibum's bag to hold onto as they walk, making Kibum laugh loudly at the smolness.

"He's in love," Taemin's father says with a sigh. His mother smiles as the two wander along the snowy street to the train station.

The two take a seat and Taemin puts his brown bag on the table. He leans back with a sigh, enjoying the feeling of his world getting larger.

"Your parents gave us pastries?"

"I know the trip isn't very long but my parents insisted."

"I'd say we have enough time to devour some pastries," Kibum chuckles as he takes one out and gives it to Taemin. He takes a huge bite, followed by a huge smile. He has a line of powdered sugar on his upper lip. Kibum takes a bite of his own and mocks Taemin's smile sweetly, making Taemin blush once more.

When the pastries are long gone only traceable by the white on Taemin's jeans from the fallen sugar, Kibum pulls out some work papers that he reads, leaving the table in silence. Taemin takes this chance to study Kibum one more. He likes how he fiddles with the edges of the papers as he reads and how he nods his head to himself once every half page. He also notices the concentrated lip biting. He once read that some people find unconscious lip biting sexy. He's never truly understood what that meant till this very moment. He bites his own lip in fascination as Seoul starts to reveal itself outside the window. Their station is announced as the next one and the two pack up and go to the doors. They step out of the train and Taemin feels more tension seep out of him. He scrunches up his nose that is still moderately bruised, looking over at Kibum who is checking his watch.

"We should drop off our stuff before we meet Yusei." Taemin nods, not having any idea about where they're dropping off their stuff or anything at all really. He follows Kibum out of the station and onto a busy street. They take a couple of turns and end up on a quieter street. "We're staying at my friends' house." Taemin looks worried at Kibum. "No need to worry. They're very nice guys and the place is pretty big for a Seoul flat," Kibum reassures as they walk up to a smaller building with only about four floors. Kibum rings the doorbell to a flat on the second floor.

"Kibum?" The voice asks excitedly.

"It's me," Kibum chuckles. Kibum takes Taemin's hand as they climb the stairs and soon enough they stand in front of a boy around Kibum's age with a huge smile on his face, wearing red sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Kibum-ah," the boy exclaims, embracing him in a big hug. His eyes meet Taemin's. "This must be the Taemin we've heard so much about." This comment earns a hiss from Kibum and Taemin blushes; as expected.

"Hello," Taemin bows.

"I'm Jinki. Come inside." Kibum shows him to the room they're gonna have to share. They drop off their belongings and Taemin sits down on the only bed in the room. It feels nice and soft and not to forget big, which makes it not that awkward to share it with Kibum. As Kibum pulls out his papers, two new faces enter the room. One taller than everyone else, the other shorter.