Six

Jojo

I slap Kendall hard across the face. Kendall gasps and falls back dramatically into Maddie. It's funny, so I laugh.

I have no qualms when it comes to hurting my friends.

Kendall stares at me with wide, angry eyes.

"You dirty bitch!" She screams. Abby whips around.

All the talking in the room stops. I turn to Abby.

You see, Abby has never liked me much. So there's no way I'm getting out of this one.

Abby slowly teeters herself over. I watch.

"You're in for a bad one," Maddie sneers. "She's gonna tear your ugly ass apart."

"Shut up, backstabber," I fire back.

Abby finally reaches her destination. She looms over me like a whale over a scuba diver.

"Jojo," Abby says. "Did you just slap Kendall?"

"She deserved it!" I cry, waving my arms towards Kendall's general direction. "She's being a little jerk to Kalani!"

"I don't care," Abby says. "You don't slap people within the studio. It makes you look like a no good idiot. And Kendall, knock if off. I'm sick and tired of it."

Abby stomps off, and I'm relieved to see that's all I got from her. But I wish there was more, I could use the personal drama.

When I get home that night, I'm exhausted. Everyone had stayed late and partied their butts off at the studio.

"You want some more dinner?" Mom asks, as if she didn't know how full I was from the pizza we had.

"I'm good," I reply, "I'm just gonna go upstairs."

I turn to go to the stairs, but the sound of my Mom clearing her throat loudly stops me. I turn around slowly.

"Yes?" I say quietly.

Mom raises an eyebrow. "Sit down for a second."

I sigh and sit down at the table. Mom sits across from me and places a hand over mine.

"Listen," she says. "I understand that you don't like Kendall because of the way she's treating Kalani. But that doesn't give you a reason to slap her. Jojo, I can honestly say I'm disappointed. You know better. And you know that two wrongs don't make a right, no matter what. Personally, I think you stay out of this whole Kalani-Maddie-Kendall drama."

Anger fills within me. "Mom!" I say. "They made so much crap happen at the dressing room during comp today! That's not okay!"

Tears poke at the corners of my eyes.
Mom sighs and takes my hands and holds them.

"Jojo," she begins. "It's okay to be mad about the situation at comp today. I'm mad too. But Kira caused a scene. The moms started drama again. It wasn't the girls fault."

"She still acted like a total bitch at the studio tonight," I reply angrily.

"Watch your mouth, Jojo!" Mom laughs. I laugh too, but not because it's funny. I'm nervous. I sense that Lani is gonna snap any minute.

"I'm gonna go to sleep now," I tell mom. She nods and heads back into the kitchen.

When I get upstairs, I text Kalani.

You okay Lani?

I wait as patiently as I can.

*Ding*.

I practically scream with relief as I grab my phone and look at the message.

Yeah, just my stomach hurts.

Jojo: I'm sorry, I fucking hate Kendall.

Kalani: me too.

Jojo: don't worry, me and Kenzie got your back.

Kalani: thanks babe, I gotta go. I'm tired.

Jojo: byeee.

I put my phone down and fall into a deep sleep.

-
-
-

A/n: warning: really depressing shit gonna happen in the next couple of chapters. Stay tuned ❣️