Fourteen

Kalani

I hate to break it you.

Mental Hospital food is the best.

I've been here for six days, and I'm actually very suprised at the amount of friends I've made. There's Justin, who's really cool and funny, there's Rebecca, who's smart and down to earth, there's Samuel, who's gentle and kind, and there's Bailey, who's sweet, but tough.
We all sit at the lunch hall, which is very cozy and nice. We're eating whatever we want since is All You Want Saturday Lunch Day.

"So," Bailey says, "Guess what I did."

"What?" Justin says.

"You finished all your school work," I say.

Bailey looks shocked.

"How did you know?" She gasps, pretending to be hurt. I laugh. Samuel pokes me.

"Lani," he says. "I think you've got a visitor."

I look up. Maddies standing there. She's playing with her nails and looking around until she spots me. She's with Linda and Melissa.
She smiles meekly and waves me over.

"Be right back," I mumble to my friends. I walk over to Maddie. Her face is flushed and her hair is matted. She looks exhausted.

"How was Kendall's funeral?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Sad," she says. "Long."

I nod. Maddie and I walk out to the front Patio. Linda walks back inside.

Maddie sits beside my on a rocking bench. She gently rocks the bench back and forth with her foot. I rest my feet on the bench.

"So," Maddie says. "We need to talk.
First of, I wanted to say how truly and painfully sorry I am for the way I treated you. I don't know why I did it, but I regret everything.
Second of-" all the sudden Maddies breath catches and she looks at me.

"Kalani," she says, "I'm in love with you."

"You're...what?" I cry out. "You're in love with me?"

Tears are falling down Maddies face. "I knew I shouldn't have said anything," she says. She gets up, but I grab her arm gently and pull her down. She looks at me.

"I'm sorry," she says. "I bet I made you super uncomfortable." I shake my head.

"No," I say. "No...Maddie. I'm happy you're in love with me. Because I really like you."

Maddie stares at me in shock. "R-really?" She stammers. "What? W-wow... Kalani, I didn't know you felt that way-"

Before she can finish, I lean in.

And I kiss her.

-
-
-

A/n: Malanniiiiii see you girlies going to bed goodnight ❣️