Ten

Maddie

Kendall and I sit on my bed together. Kenzie is sitting awkwardly at my desk.

I play with the string on my blanket. My heart is still pounding from Kalanis harsh reaction to me. Kendall is sniffling, and I can tell she's trying not to cry.

"We don't get to cry," I tell her. "We did this to her. It's our fault."

"No," Kenzie says meekly, but even she knows it's our fault. She gets ready to say something else, but decides against it.

Kendall looks at me. Her eyes are bloodshot and her face is puffy.

"Kalani leaves for the hospital today," she tells me. I nod and sigh.

"We suck."

"I know."

Kenzie grunts and stands up. "I'm not gonna stay in the room with you guys if all you're doing is throwing pity parties." She walks out of the room.

Kendall bursts into tears and throws her arms maniacally around me. I fall back onto my
Bed, and uncontrollably let out a laugh. Kendall is sobbing into my shoulder.
I sit her upright and myself upright.

"I can't live with myself," Kendall croaks. "I can't. I'm a horrible, horrible person. And there's nothing I can do to make it up to her." She gasps and holds her chest and leans forward.

I being to tremble with anger. Mom comes in.
"Girls," she says, "Kira and Kalani are here to see you." My mother isn't too happy with me, and I understand why. We nod in silence and Kendall wipes her eyes. We head downstairs.
At the front is, in fact, Kira and Kalani. Kalani stares at me with a look of sorrow on her face. She waves weakly.

I can't look at her. I look at my hands.

I don't deserve to looking at Kalani right now. I don't deserve anything good.

I clear my throat and look up. She's still staring at me. I smile at her. She inhales deeply.
For some reason, there are butterflies in my chest by looking at her. I mean, for someone who just got discharged from a hospital and is now headed to a mental Heath clinic, she looks good.

"Were leaving for the hospital, girls," Kira says.

"Goodbye."

"Bye," Kendall sobs. Kalani, to my surprise, walks over to her and gently hugs her. Kendall looks up in shock.

Then, Kalani walks over to me and hugs me. I hug her back.

She backs away and waves, and her and her mother walk out. Mom looks at me.

"Kendall," she says. "You should go home. Get some rest."

Kendall nods. "Okay," she says.

"I'll walk you home," I offer. Kendall shakes her head.

"I'd rather be alone." She walks out and slams the door behind her. I turn to my left and Kenzie is standing beside me.

"I hope she's okay," Kenzie says, but in her voice is something fake. I roll my eyes and stomp upstairs.

I slam the door to my room, and for the first time since this whole fiasco happened, I cry.
I cry my eyes out. I cry until I'm dizzy and my throat is sore and I can't breathe.

There's so much guilt, so much pain. I can't handle it.

I lay on my bed and hug my pillow close to my chest. I'm sobbing and gasping for her, choking on air.

I cry.

-
-
-

A/n: babes, this has been so much fun! Now we're finally getting to the juicy Malani shit soon. Have fun reading girlies ❣️😊