Chapter 69 🥀: High Speed Chase

Mariah Williams 💫

I took an exit off the highway, speeding up.

"You got anything on you?"

"Like what?"

"Anything that's a fucking violation of probation. Lemme tell you how petty Marc is. He will call the fuckin' police and report an active kidnapping, we gon' have helicopters and all types of shit surrounding us, and imma go to jail. You, need to gimme whatever you not supposed to have. You got kids you needa take care of."

"You not finna go to jail for it." He tried to argue.

"Who said anything about jail? I'm throwin' that shit out the window after you wipe it off." He smiled and pointed at me.

"You smart. Ian got nothin' anyway." I nodded. I noticed there was a fork coming up. One way straight, the other veering right.

"Hell yeah." I started laughing. I maintained my speed as we go closer and closer, sped up at the last minute, then veered right. He shot past our lane.

"HELL YEAH, CALL 'EM! O-OH SHIT!" I laughed.

"YO! YO!" Kendall was freaking out. I looked in the rear view to see Marcus crossing the medium.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"WHAT TYPE OF GTA SH—OH FUCK NAW, SHAW WHERE IS YOU GOIN'!" I slowed down.

"Oh God, please don't tell me—''

"Georgia Mountain Cabins..."

"We're on the side of a fuckin' mountain."

"Watch—for—beers." I heard Brianna read.

"Please tell me she meant deer...instead of bears...please..."

"Lyin' is a sin." Kendall shook his head. Goofy ass. I shook my head at Marcus, who was creeping behind us.

"How the hell we gone get away from him?" I started seeing cabins with lights on.

"We not. At least not in a car." I whispered.

"So we jus' finna give up?"

"I ain't say that." I said softly, turning into the Check In cabin lot. I cut the car off.

"Stay in the car." I instructed Ken and Brianna. They nodded. I looked at Kentrell.

"You ready?"

"You strapped?"

"Shit..." I whispered, realizing I left it in my purse, in the other car. Marcus got out of the car. Kentrell stepped out and waited for me to come over.

"Gimme my daughta'." He simply said, hands overlapping on his waist.

"You might as well forget it." I shifted my weight to my other leg. I stepped in front of him.

"You can get visitation rights."

"Man, fuck that—'' He pulled something from the front of his pants. Kentrell snatched me into him as shots let out. I heard a girl scream. Kentrell knocked the gun out of his hand and started fighting him.

"BRIANNA!" I screamed, opening the door after I stared in horror at the bullet hole through the door. There was blood splattered on the window. Brianna was looking at me wide eyed blood streaked across her face as Ken breathed heavy.

"CALL 911!" I screamed, putting pressure on the bullet wound in his back.

"How?" I whimpered.

"I saw him take it out and tried da cova em. A nigga thought he was bullet proof." He laughed dryly and I laughed a little with him, a tear rolling down my face. I looked over at a old lady who had rushed out after the gun shots. She was pacing on the phone. Marcus was being held back by a big ass dude, giving Kentrell an opportunity to rush over.

"Gimme ya shirt." He gave it to me and I tied it over him tightly. My hands had blood all over them, making me even more emotional.

"They got people comin' luh bro'." He squatted beside him and grabbed his arm.

"Whatchu lookin' like that, fa'? A bullet to the back ain't shit." He laughed hoarsely.

"Damn, this my fault." I whispered. He waved me off.

"You already know imma take a bullet fa them. Y'all too, hell." I sighed when I heard sirens sounding off.

"Thank ya, lil bro." He nodded, looking uncomfortable for the first time.

"Damn, they needa hurry up and gimme some strong." The ambulance pulled up and we stepped out of the way. They put Kendall on the stretcher. The police walked up to us and Marcus. We looked at each other. Knowing him, he probably gone keep it silent.

"You guys mind coming down to the station? We'll need to file a complete police report on this incident." I looked at Kentrell and nodded. I saw Marc getting put in handcuffs.

"You mind if I jus' stay wit' da kids?"

"Sure, sure, that's fine." He nodded and I sighed, looking at my clothes and hands. They walked off, because they were going to escort us.

"C-can you drive me? Then you can go to the hospital for Ken?" He nodded. I got in the car and we drove down the side of the mountain.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered to him, still looking at myself.

"Don't be sorry. Ya brother gone be sorry."

"That's not my fuckin' brother." I simply said.

________

Comment and Vote 💛💚