Chapter 61; Signature & Thoughts

"Mom," I said happily as she quickly approached me and wrapped her arms around me. "Oh honey, how I've missed you," she admitted as she pulled away and looked at Shawn who was standing right next to me.

My mother introduced herself to Shawn and I greeted Ethan in the meantime. "I've never been to Los Angeles before," Ethan told me while looking around.

Andre had picked them both up from the airport since Shawn & I couldn't use the attention today and I didn't want to have paparazzi surrounding my mother and Ethan.

"You'll love it," I assured him with a smile.

"I'm sure I will," Ethan nodded and we all entered apartment complex. Lauren was making lunch as we entered the apartment.

While my mother and Lauren talked about the baby I was in the living room with Andre, Shawn & Ethan as we talked about how everyone has been doing. Andre & Ethan got along very well and immediately started talking about sports and stuff.

"I guess, I'll go and tell my mom about the house," I said to Shawn. He nodded and I kissed his cheek before getting up and going to the kitchen where my mother & Lauren were.

"Hey mom, I need to talk to you," I said as I entered the kitchen.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Since Lauren is pregnant and they don't have enough room I have to move out. It's totally fine though because I already looked for a house and you just need to put your signature on the contract and it's all done," I explained.

"You bought a house?" she asked in disbelieve.

"Yea, it's beautiful and I told the estate agent that we would come in today to finish up the contract and stuff."

"You're going to live alone then?"

"Yes, mom," I nodded, knowing that she wasn't so happy about that but I had to live somewhere and this was the only option.

"Uhm, okay. When do we leave?" she asked.

"After lunch?" I suggested and agreed before telling me to help set the table. I did as I was told before we all gathered at the table and ate the delicious food that Lauren had cooked for us.

"How long are you guys staying?" I asked my mother & Ethan.

"We don't know yet," Ethan answered me.

I nodded and finished up what was on my plate just like everyone else while making conversation.

-

"This is yours now?" my mother asked as her jaw hang open and her eyes widened at the sight of my new home.

"It is," I nodded also feeling a bit overwhelmed.

"Do you have furniture already?" Ethan asked as we approached the front door.

"Yea, it's completely furnished which is great, let's go in shall we?" I suggested and unlocked the front door, letting Ethan, my mother, Lauren & Andre in before Shawn & I would enter the house.

"Wow, this is so beautiful," Lauren gushed as they all looked around.

Shawn & I showed them the house before we decided to sit down in the garden for awhile since it was already getting dark and almost time to go home.

"And when do you have to get back home?" Ethan asked, looking at Shawn who sat beside me.

"I have a bit of time off, actually so depending on how long she wants me here," Shawn answered, nudging me in the ribs, lightly. I smiled as he rested his hand on my thigh and looked up to see Ethan sending a wink in my direction before wrapping his arm around my mother.