Chapter 6

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine) BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!

Chapter 6 - Annabeth

Annabeth couldn't fight the nerves that were eating her from the inside and out.

Leo was sitting beside her, fumbling with a screw he pulled from his tool belt.

"You okay?" Annabeth asked him after a few moments of silence.

Leo looked up at her and gave a half-hearted smile. "Yeah. You?"

"I'm fine. Sort of." Annabeth muttered.

"So, what do you think Percy wanted to be alone for?" Leo asked.

"No idea." Annabeth asked.

They were sitting in the dining pavilion, listening to Chiron and the rest of their friends explain to the campers the situation with the gods and Celeste.

Many of the campers had shocked and fearful looks on their faces. However, Annabeth was more worried about why Percy had kicked her and Leo out of the infirmary.

Annabeth could barely pay attention to the conversations around her and mainly tried to talk to Leo to get her mind off things.

But Leo seemed just as distracted. He was probably worrying about Celeste.

Just as the meeting began to end, Annabeth caught a glimpse of Percy walking out of the infirmary, his face nervous. He was wringing his hands and sweating.

When he arrived in the pavilion, he sat next to Annabeth.

"Hey." He mumbled, not making eye contact.

"What's wrong?" Annabeth asked, putting her hand on his.

Leo was looking now, worry on his face. "Is Celeste alright?"

Percy nodded. "Yeah, she's alright. She's sleeping."

"Percy? What happened in there? You look worried." Annabeth asked.

"Annabeth, I'm fine. Really, I'm-"

A crash interrupted Percy. Everyone jumped up, now alert.

A scream, definitely a boy, echoed from the sky.

Everyone darted out of the pavilion to see some sort of creature dragging a screaming boy in a carriage.

The boy had his arms thrown up and was cursing in a language Annabeth didn't know.

The carriage disconnected from the creature and landed in the lake, still carrying the boy.

The creature, frightened, flew off.

The boy fell in the water with a large splash and after a few seconds, Annabeth noticed he wasn't coming up for air.

She noticed Percy dive into the lake and come up with the boy.

The boy had medium-color skin and curly brown hair. He looked worn out and nauseous, but he managed to paddle to shore.

"Percy!" Annabeth cried. Her and several other campers rushed over to help the boy.

The boy stumbled and moaned, "I'm alright, I'm alright."

Chiron pushed through the group of campers. He came to a stop in front of the boy who had to lean upon two campers for support.

"What is your name, boy?" Chiron asked.

The boy looked around as if searching for someone. "I'm-I'm Carter Kane. I'm looking for Percy. Is he the one who pulled me out? Where is he?"