Chapter 25

I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!! ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN!!

Chapter 25 - Celeste

Standing by Percy and feeling bone-tired, Celeste watched as her father shrunk down to mortal size and walked towards them.

He looked down at not-really-clone-anymore and sighed.

"Celeste, Percy, this is going to be a bit confusing, so don't interrupt, please." Poseidon said, placing his hands on Celeste's and Percy's shoulders.

"Before you two were born, and before I met Sally...I took a fancy to the goddess Night." Poseidon said shamefully.

Percy and Celeste both opened their mouths to speak, but Poseidon silenced them with a hand.

The two siblings looked at each other in astonishment, but continued to listen.

"Night had a child who was a goddess because of a goddess mother and a god father. Now, this child was a demon child, literally. She was very dangerous, very powerful, and took to her mother's side of things. When you two were born, she became jealous that I liked you both more. So, she put a bond between her and Celeste, giving Celeste her dangerous powers." Poseidon said.

"I knew I wasn't supposed to be this way!" Celeste interrupted.

Poseidon shot her an annoyed look and Celeste shut up.

"Anyways, the bond was strong, making Celeste's powers come early. Sally couldn't handle it so she sent Celeste to me for me to take care of her. I also wiped Percy's mind in the process so it wouldn't be a burden on his shoulders."

"A burden!? Why would she be-" Percy began but stopped as Poseidon put a finger on his lips.

Percy sighed and closed his mouth.

"Anyways, Celeste's powers grew as the bond became stronger. Your half-sister was almost powerful enough to use Celeste to make her evil and take over the world. So, when Celeste did we one act of evil, I...I cursed her. Trapping her and her half-sister at the same time. However, your half-sister was able to break the curse somehow after a few years and turn Celeste back to the art of killing gods and becoming evil. Also, she used the bond to make herself into Celeste, looking exactly like her and having the same strengths and weaknesses as her. That's how powerful the bond was getting. Any longer and she would've become you. But now you've somehow drained all the evil out of her, broke the bond completely. I don't know how you did if, but it worked. She's still a goddess with strong powers, but she can't kill gods anymore. As for you Celeste, well...you're just a demigod now. The goddess title has been removed. I talked to Zeus about it, and he agreed."

Celeste froze. "You mean...I'm normal now!?"

Poseidon nodded.

Celeste shrieked and jumped onto Percy, squeezing him in the tightest hug ever.

Percy laughed and patted her on the back.

Poseidon smiled.

"However, your half-sister needs a place to stay. She is no longer evil and will have no memory of her past. You must train her to be a better person. She still had the powers of Night and can turn evil at any given time." Poseidon said firmly.

Celeste and Percy nodded and Poseidon grabbed the girl by the collar of her dress.

He placed her on her feet and she wobbled slightly before opening her eyes to reveal brown ones instead of black.

Her skin was a natural pale color and her hair was a light brown, slightly curled. There was a few freckles spotted across her nose and she looked harmless.

She looked nothing like Celeste.

She was shaking and her eyes were wide as she looked around, like a newborn baby.

Glancing up at Percy and Celeste, she spoke, her voice soft and no longer sounding exactly like Celeste's. Not the creepy haunting voice that drove into other people's minds, but a nice calming voice, like a sea breeze.

She still had a little sea god in her.

"M-My name's Kayla...where am I?"

Want more? There will be another book following this called Traitor of the Sea, but first, stay tuned for Prisoner of the Sea, a prequel about Celeste's past and how her curse started. What evil thing did she do, how was the bond created, and what led up to the final curse that changed Celeste's life forever? Look for it!