Things Change...

*later that night*

"Lara you wanna meet up this weekend so I can give you your gift?" Peter said. "Sure, my parents are gonna be out for hours on saturday as they are getting stuff for the new kitchen and my sister is at her boyfriends, so you could come here and we could hang out if you want?" I said in an almost whisper. "Yeah sounds good" Peter replied, I was shocked. Surely he could tell by the lack of thought I gave and the quick reply that I liked him. But no he was just as blind as always.

I couldn't tell him I liked him now though because I needed to see him on the weekend. I wanted to see him. We had never really met up before and now seemed as good a time as any.

But it was late at night and when I'm tired I say weird crap and so I pretty much blurted out: "Peter I got to tell you something, I think I'm falling for you and I know it's wrong coz you're dating one of my best friends but I can't help how I feel..." His reply shocked me as he said "Things change and you never know it may happen in the future."

I sat there in silence, what was I to say that. My best friend was starting to think of me like that while he was dating one of my friends. And I was just struck that he liked me in that way when no one else has ever.

So I just closed my eyes and drifted to sleep. At least I think I did as I don't really remember...