Chapter 5

The next day Rory woke up at 9. Today it was the weekend which meant no school.

'Thank god for that!' Rory thought as she got ready.

Rory knew that her stalker went to her school, so she was quite relived that she didn't have to go there.

She was also worried about Holly. They may not have been friends or liked etch other, but no one should die just because they don't get along.

When Rory was dressed, she went down stairs.

In the kitchen stood her mother making breakfast. Her brother  was sitting by the table. . He was reading a book about WW2.

Rory sat down next to Jacob, and as soon as their mom was done with their breakfast, they ate it fast. While eating Rory asked where Veronica was. She had not seen her sister since yesterday.

" She's sleeping at a friends house. " Her mother answered.

They all had just finished eating when the doorbell rang.

Rory's mom opened the door.

Rory soon heard her mother call her name.

Rory walked to the door and recognised the police officers that had brought her to the station yesterday.

" What's wrong? " Rory asked as she stood besides her mother.

" Can we come in? It's quite important. " Officer one said/asked.

Rory and her mom nodded and stepped aside, so that they could come in.

They showed the officers to the living-room and once everyone was seated the officers started talking.

" We found another body early this morning. " Officer two said.

" Who was it? Was it Holly? " Rory asked.

" No.. It was your sister, Veronica. " Officer one said.

Rory stopped breathing. ' No, she can't be dead! She was supposed to be at a friends house! ' Rory thought.

" H-how-w... You know? " Her mother maneged to get out during sobs.

" Her trout was slit. " Officer two said, like it was no big deal.

Rory got really mad at him, but didn't get a chance to do anything before her phone, in her back pocket, vibrated.

She had gotten a text from her stalker.

You told the cop's. I had to do it, so you'll know how serious I am. Disobey me again, and someone else get's hurt. Maybe your mother next?

- Veronica's killer