Claws & Bite Marks

Prologue

            Love is like a furnace. It hurts and burns. It always seems to leave a searing pain behind. But, it also feels like heaven. Life couldn't be more perfect when you are with the one you love. But, when they touch you... or kiss you, that is when the pain hits.

            I sat on the bed, motionless. He sat down right beside me. The moment seemed so perfect, but yet so strange. "I love you." he said softly. I didn't respond. "What's wrong?" he asked.

            "I don't know." I mumbled. "I feel so weird, like I just want to rip something apart."

            "Why?" he asked. The more questions he asked, the angrier he made me. Mainly because I didn't have a answer for any of them. So, I just said the same thing as before.

             "I don't know!" I yelled.

             "Are you okay?" he asked, frightened.

             "No, I'm not!" I screamed. I fell off the bed and onto my knees in pain.

             The room was spinning, and I was shaking. I felt like I was being burned alive from the inside-out. I had never felt this way before, but I knew what was happening. I laid on the ground, thinking to myself Why? Why? Why?

             "Sweetie, what's wrong?" Mark cried. I didn't answer. Without a second to spare, I felt a chill run down my spine. That was when it happened.