Chapter 6: Is This The End Or The Beginning?

I stood up, still in my wolf form. I looked at Matt, and he looked at me. I could taste the dried blood on my mouth, from where I was licking my chops, trying to think of something to say.

    I shifted back into my human form, and ran over to hug Matt. I grabbed him by the neck, letting tears run down my cheeks. "Mark killed them... Mark killed them." I cried, softly in Matt's ears.

    "Lany, are you okay?" Matt said through all of his sobs. I lifted my head and looked him straight in the eyes.

     "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. I looked straight ahead, no longer making eye contact with Matt, but staring at his chest. I was a lot shorter than him. Then, I remembered something Mark told me. "Matt, is dad alright?" I said, still refusing to make eye contact.

     "What? Why are you asking if dad's okay?" Matt said as he looked down at me.

     "Mark said he killed him." I cried, having to force my words through the tears and my clenched teeth. "He killed mom, dad. Everyone." I spoke quietly.

     "I'm going to kill him!" Matt yelled, pushing me away from him. He fled from the room, jumping down the stairs and out the door. Matt, I'm so sorry. I said to myself. I couldn't handle this anymore. I ran downstairs and out the door. As I ran I could feel my eyes change colors and my muscles tense. I still kept going. I was determined to end this, no matter what it took. I stopped in the woods underneath the sunlit middle.

     "Mark!!!! Come show your face you coward!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I looked all around me, with no sign of anyone. I fell to my knees, tears streaming down my face. I dug my claws into the ground, hoping to keep a grip on something as I lost my grip on sanity.

      I lifted my head up to see Mark hovering over me. Beside him was a very familiar face. He grabbed me by the neck and lifted me up off the ground like it was nothing. I drew my hand back and sunk my claws deep into his face. He dropped me as he screamed out in pain. The girl that was beside of him tried to attack me. She had to be a werewolf. Her reflexes were very fast, and she could read all my movements. She distracted me enough for Mark to hit me in the gut. He grabbed me and threw me up against a tree.

     "It's about time you come with me, Lany!" He yelled, reaching for my neck. I shut my eyes, expecting the worst. I hear a loud cutting sound, like the sawing of flesh. I opened my eyes to see Matt standing in his wolf form in front of me.

     "You will never hurt her!" Matt yelled as he growled, losing the last bit of humanity he had left. Mark and the girl flew right at him, the girl changing into her wolf form. They both landed on Matt's back, tearing and slashing at his face and stomach. Matt was able to throw them off of him. I tried to attack along beside him, but the girl reached over and swiped her paw across my face. I slowly fell out of conciousness.

     When I awoke, Matt was standing in front of me, breathing heavily. He had already went back to his human form. He couldn't take much more of this. As I tried to stand, it was too late. A shot rung out through the trees.

      Everything felt like it was in slow motion and I was stuck in place. I watched as blood gushed out of Matt's mouth, and as he slowly fell to his knees. I screamed as loud as I could. "Matt!!!!!!!!!!"

        "See you later, sweethearts!" Mark called out, laughing as he did so. 

        "Why did you resort to this? Resort to him, Jenna?" Matt spoke softly. Jenna was that girl! She turned around and stared at him.

         "Because I love him! I never loved you! It was just to get to your sister! Bye, sweetheart!" She spoke with a tone of voice that was unheard of. She turned around with Mark and they disappeared.

         I ran over to Matt's body, flipping on his back. "Matt, Matt just hang in there! You'll be fine!" I cried out to him. I couldn't stand to have my brother die too. He reached his hand up to my face, and I grabbed it and held it in my hands.

         "Lany, be the Ultimate Alpha, the likes of which have never been seen." Matt said. He drew his last breath as his body went limp. His eyes slowly closing forever.

          "Matt. Matt! Matt!!!!!!!" I screamed. I layed my head on his chest as his heart stopped beating. Tears continued to stream down my cheeks. I lifted my head and yelled as loud as I could, and my wolf slowly drowned me out with it's sorrowful howl.