Chapter 4: Nightmares

It was after dark when me and Matt walked into the house. Neither one of us had ate anything all day. I decided to go get some leftover pizza from the fridge and heat it up. I grabbed my pizza and walked over to the table. Matt, who was already sitting down, looked up at me.

"What?" I asked him, smiling.

"I'm so proud of you. You truly are worthy of being our protector." he replied.

"Thanks, but I'm still your sister. So, please treat me like your sister and not some goddess." I said.

"I will." he said, lovingly. "Anyway, me and the guys are going out for a run. Will you be okay here by yourself?" 

"Matt... I'm the white wolf. I can handle myself." I said.

"Okay. Love you." He said. He ran up and kissed me on the cheek.

"Love you too." I said, kissing him back. He turned around and ran out  of the door.

 After I finished my pizza, I ran upstairs to my room. As soon as I got in the room, I jumped on the bed. I looked up at the ceiling, as my eyes closed into deep slumber.

   I was in the woods. The sun was shining through the center like it was before. In the center of the sunlight, Mark was standing still. I tried to run but I couldn't. I was glued to where I stood. Mark started to walk towards me. He stopped, leaning in to whisper to me.

   "Watch yourself, Lany. If you don't do what I tell you to, I'll have to kill all the distractions. Better start listening." he said with a menacing voice.

   "Leave them alone!!!!" I screamed at him. He just stood there, laughing. 

   "Oh, Matt." he said, speaking very lightly. Matt walked out from the woods, being in wolf form.

    "Matt. Matt, run!!!" I tried to scream. My voice was inaudible. No one could hear me.

    "Matt, Lany needs to learn some manners. So, stand still. I'm going to shoot you, to prove my point to nonbelievers, such as her." he said, pulling the gun out. It was pointing straight at Matt. Matt didn't even try to move, as if he was in a trance. He pulled the trigger.

    "Matt!!!" I yelled, waking up from my nightmare. I sat up in my bed, looking around the room. Nothing was there. Just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. I said to myself. I looked up at the ceiling. There was something written in blood. I'm coming for you.

     I jumped out of bed, sprinting into the hallway. As I was running, something grabbed me. I looked to see Matt standing in front of me.

    "Matt. Matt, he was here! He's going to kill you!" I cried.

    "Calm down. Calm down, Lany. I'm here. You're okay." he told me, wrapping me in a hug. I remembered the blood on the ceiling.

    "Come with me! Come to my room with me!" I said, still crying.

    "Okay. Okay." he said. I tugged on his shirt sleeve, dragging him up the stairs. I threw open my bedroom door.

    "Look at the ceiling." I told him. I looked up with him, and there was nothing there. It was clean.

   "Lany, there is nothing there. Look, I'll stay with you until you fall asleep." he said, hugging me. Something rose up behind Matt. It was Mark. And he had a gun, which was pointing straight at Matt. He was going to kill him.

  "Matt!!!" I screamed. Mark pulled the trigger.

  I woke with a start. I sat up in my bed, looking around. Nothing was there. I looked up at the ceiling. Nothing. What was with these nightmares? What did they mean? And why did Mark shoot Matt both times? Something in my gut was telling me that Matt was in serious trouble.